Thank you for playing fair

Options

Comments

• lyles43
    lyles43 Posts: 7 ✭✭
    Options

My friend, who reported he started getting the message "connection blocked after timeout; your license limits the maximum session duration to a partner, immediate reconnects are blocked. please try later or upgrade your license', tried to use the reset web page, but TeamViewer does not recognize his name or password. Have you lost a bunch of free user records?

• OPS_UK
    OPS_UK Posts: 4 ✭✭
    edited April 2021
    Options

Thats is all very well. I have tried doing that but when you put a UK postcode in, which ius required, it says that it only supports digits.

If Teamviewer can persuade the UK postal service to change their entire postcode system, maybe we can get this fixed. UK post codes are normally 2 letters, one digit, 1 or two digits and then 2 letters, e.g SW1A 2AA

In the meantime, how do I help my dad on his computer??

• Esther
    Esther Posts: 4,052 Former Community Manager
    Options

Hi OPS_UK. Thanks for bringing that up. I will check internally why you can´t submit UK post codes. Thanks, Esther

Former Community Manager

• Esther
    Options

Hi @OPS_UK

if entered with no space, the page accepts UK postal codes. Even though the error says numbers only, but the PDF takes it 👍 I hope that helps! Esther

Former Community Manager

• jjwillis39
    jjwillis39 Posts: 13 ✭✭
    Options

log of false reading

• lyles43
    lyles43 Posts: 7 ✭✭
    Options

TV has an incentive to force free users to become paid users:

Solveig Gode , Business Insider Deutschland, reported

• Oliver Steil, the CEO of the Goeppingen-based software company Teamviewer, earned more than any Dax manager in 2020. He received remuneration of around 70.7 million euros - the equivalent of almost 190,000 euros a day.

• Esther
    Options

Hi Iyles43, Thanks for your comment.

Please allow me to clearly state once again:

TeamViewer is not forcing free users who are solely using TeamViewer in the context of activities, in the environment and with the equipment within their private and/or family life context to become paid users.

Let me cite from the blog post above:

Shutting down the free usage? NO!

I hope this is crystal-clear by now, but still: Some people have been worrying about whether TeamViewer wants to stop offering its free service for private users.

We always tried to be very clear with our replies and take away this fear from our users by giving a clear answer: 

No. The private use of TeamViewer is free.

And this is it: Nothing more to say about it. TeamViewer is free for private use.

I hope this information helps you and takes away your fears that we force free users to become paid users.

However - please keep in mind that once you use TeamViewer anyhow outside of private use - for sure: You need a license.

Thanks and best,

Esther

Former Community Manager

• Esther
    edited April 2021
    Options

Hi jjwillis39 - I am not sure I understand your question. Would you mind explaining it again? Thanks!

Former Community Manager

• jjwillis39
    Options

I'm registered as personal use.

However software giving false reading of commercial use.

I'm using TV between my iPhone, mac, and windows desktop.

False reading times out. Need permanent reset to personal use.

We did this once b4 however didn't stay as personal.

Thank you

• ffrisone
    ffrisone Posts: 6 ✭✭
    Options

I submitted the reset request, including the pdf form, etc. I also received an email stating that me acct was reset back to free personal use. I only use it for personal use. Anyway, I am still being restricted. Help!!!

• OPS_UK
    OPS_UK Posts: 4 ✭✭
    Options

I have now managed to submit the form by omitting the space (UK postcodes do notmally have a space iun the middle). However, I am not even sure this is the issue. I am not getting the Yiou are not playing Fair message, it just times out after 30 seconds and does not allow me to log back in. This is pretty hopeless. I do note that many people have reported similar issues.

• Esther
    Options

Hi again OPS_UK,

I am glad to hear it worked without the space! I apologize that the form does not recognize the correct way of writing it! Maybe the devs can improve that anytime soon.

The message does not always state "Thank you for playing fair" or even "Commercial use suspected". It can also say "Time out" or "connection time out".

If you can use it again after the reset is done (hopefully tomorrow), we know that it was the commercial suspicion topic.

If not - let´s talk again and find out what´s wrong!

Former Community Manager

• Esther
    edited April 2021
    Options

Hi again jjwillis39 and thanks for clarifying!

Did you already read my blog post here?

It will provide you with heaps of information around this topic - however, the fast track will be to directly go to teamviewer.com/reset and fill out the form!

Hope that helps,

Esther

P.S. I will merge our conversation into the blog

Former Community Manager

• jjwillis39
    Options

I've done that but link will not work.

• Esther
    Options

Former Community Manager

• Esther
    Options

Hi @ffrisone

Did you also submit the ID of the remote device? If not - I recommend you to submit this one too as you still can´t connect if the remote device is under commercial use suspicion even if your device is good to go.

Thanks and best,

Esther

Former Community Manager

• ffrisone
    Options

I tried to resubmit; however, when I try to go to the reset page, it says that my request has already been received. How do I submit a fresh request from scratch?

• Esther
    Options

Hi again - that is an indication that you submitted the form but it has not been processed yet. Did you do a second request just recently? If not - does clear the cookies help?

Former Community Manager

• ffrisone
    Options

Is there a way to start over with a new reset request?

• jjwillis39
    Options

Will not upload pdf file.

• ffrisone
    Options

I tried clearing cookies, still same message. I have NOT submitted a recent request. Just the original one last night. This morning, I received an email stating,

Dear User,

Thank you very much for sending your self-declaration of private use to us.

We have successfully reset the TeamViewer ID(s) you submitted via the form provided earlier.

We acknowledge that you are using TeamViewer for private use only on these devices.

Troubleshooting:

I have been reset but I'm still getting the message saying I'm using TeamViewer commercially. What can I do?

If you are still getting the pop-up saying you are using TeamViewer commercially, it is most probably due to the fact that:

1. the TeamViewer ID of the remote device you are trying to connect to might be flagged as being commercially used.
    2. Please keep in mind that a TeamViewer connection always involves two devices (TeamViewer IDs) and that we are presenting the pOpUp on both sides of the connection.
    3. If you think that this is not the case and that connecting to this device is private use, please repeat the process and fill out an additional form for this/these TeamViewer ID(s)
    4. The TeamViewer ID(s) that you submitted is/are invalid or do(es) not exist.
    5. In order to prevent this, please check if the data you have submitted is correct. To do so, please open your signed declaration (PDF-file) and check if the TeamViewer ID(s) you provided match(es) the TeamViewer ID(s) you are using.
    6. In this case, please repeat the process and fill out a new form for this/these TeamViewer ID(s)

Please note that if your usage pattern changes and your TeamViewer connections are deemed to be commercially flagged, your reset may be reverted at any time.

Thank you for using the free version of TeamViewer. Your support means a lot to us and we hope you will keep enjoying and using our software in the future. 

• ffrisone
    Options

So you have informed me that I need to send the remote device ID as well. That is what I am trying to do, but can't get passed the "already has been submitted" messaging. Clearing cookies did not help.

• Spyros
    Spyros Posts: 1
    Options

@Esther. I reset my TeamViewer ID since it was suspected for commercial use (even though I use it privately). I received an email for a successful reset. However, it seems that the problem is in the pc that I use and not the one that I am connecting to. Unfortunately, I cannot compile a new form for the second ID since on page https://www.teamviewer.com/en/reset-management/ there exists the following message: "Your request has already been submitted and is pending further review. Thank you for your patience as we process your request.".

I send a new mail reporting this issue but I haven't received any response yet.

What should I do?

Thank you for your time.

• Esther
    Options

Hi again - I asked the team to check the case and they confirm, your ID has been reset successfully. It is most likely just a case of minutes until you can resubmit the form for your other IDs.

Would you mind giving it a try again in a couple of minutes?

From our side, there is nothing that speaks against the form being available again for you 👍

Former Community Manager

• Userofthisprogram
    Userofthisprogram Posts: 3 ✭✭
    edited April 2021
    Options

Hello @Esther , i requested reset on my account which i use for a really long time, after submitting form it said that reply should be within 2 working days. It was 2 days ago, but i still cant use my teamviewer for more than 1 minute. Can you please re-check? Thanks in advance.

• Esther
    Options

Hi @Userofthisprogram

Did you already receive an email reply from us?

Did you test whether it works on the device you submitted the ID of?

Did you already restart the TeamViewer Service to allow the program to make a new contact with the master server?

Thanks, Esther

Former Community Manager

• Userofthisprogram
    Userofthisprogram Posts: 3 ✭✭
    Options

Hello again @Esther , i didnt receive an email, on the "reset" website it says review is still pending (Your request has already been submitted and is pending further review. Thank you for your patience as we process your request.) , but when i was submitting it was 2 working days, thats why i'm wondering. Maybe you have longer wait times now? Can you tell me estimate waiting time?

I'm asking because i basically can't do any help which my grandfather needs and at the very least i want to know when it will work again.

And yes, i tested and restarted teamviewer multiple times.

• Esther
    Options

Hi again @Userofthisprogram

OK, if the page tells you the request is still under review, it makes sense that the software still does not work. It is possible that the review is taking a bit longer now, but I know the team checking the requests is doing their best to work as fast as possible.

I am afraid I need to ask for your patience and hope you can use TeamViewer again soonest!

Best, Esther

Former Community Manager

• rhatten
    rhatten Posts: 17 ✭✭
    Options

Same issue here for weeks now... Getting kicked off after a few seconds. I too provide for my familyin the same way (elderly Parents-pay their bills online from their computers etc from 6 states away). Teamviewer has now caused personal and financial strain on myself and my elderly parents putting us ALL at a higher risk of COVID-19 exposure. Thanks tradingview for being so timely in gaming the public on the PRIVATE users... FWIW I've been a TV user for over 6 years as a retiree and up until this past year have had no real issues as a PRIVATE user (ie NON Commercial) .

The reset form (ONLINE) will not accept entrys into the Name field so no one can generate the PDF thats needed for the reset request. I have sent NUMEROUS emails with NO response.

Teamview AIN'T on your team if you aren't a business. Please reset my account to Private User... rlhatten1

• Esther
    edited April 2021
    Options

Hi @rhatten

Thanks for your post. Did you type in your username on the form? Can you please fill out the form again and insert the affected TeamViewer IDs? Thanks, Esther

Former Community Manager

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.