Update now to the most recent TeamViewer Remote version 15.53. See the Changelogs here.

[Android] Remote Control v15.17.72

Esther
Esther Posts: 4,052 Former Community Manager

Operating system: Android

Version: 15.17.72

Release date: 2021-04-30

Improvements

• Introducing two-factor authentication for connections. You can now use your device to allow or deny connections using push notifications. Try it now in the TeamViewer full version Extras --> Options --> Security section and share your feedback. Read more.
  • Improved session interaction from Android to Desktop devices. The toolbar and Keyboard no longer overlap with the content of the remote desktop screen.
  • Solved an issue that caused a crash on screen rotation for some connections.
  • Solved an issue that prevented opening the keyboard during a session on some devices.
  • Minor fixes and improvements

Former Community Manager

Comments

• SES21
    SES21 Posts: 2 ✭✭

I'm an Android beta tester & posted feedback via the Play Store on 04/29 about the latest release's requirement for camera access. I didn't receive any response that way so I thought I'd send an email, too. Then I got an email back that the email address you give for developer contact on the Play Store is no good any more & to go to "www.teamviewer.com/support Please use this form for any future requests to TeamViewer" but there's no form either & the Support link brings me to the Community. Really starting to feel like you're not interested in hearing from your beta testers at this point!

Nothing in the change log seems to support a need for camera permission so why was it added in this version?

• Esther

Hi Ses21 - Thanks a lot for your feedback and sorry that this has been an odyssey for you to get here! I will immediately forward it to our mobile team.

Former Community Manager

• Esther

HI again @SES21 - Regarding the camera permission: This permission is required to scan the QR Code for two-factor authentication for connections. I hope that clarifies it 🙌

Former Community Manager

• SES21
    SES21 Posts: 2 ✭✭

Thanks for getting back to me! Perhaps some clarification on the release notes would help avoid the question for others. I'd suggest inserting "Windows desktop" in the phrase "use your device to allow or deny ^ connections."

It'd also be good if you update your Play Store listing for Developer Contact, especially if you're not going to monitor Beta Feedback directly in the Play Store, which is the point of it being there.

• Esther

Thanks again - yes, I hope they can update the contact info on the app store as soon as possible to avoid irritation.

Former Community Manager