Assignment not working

Hi All,

Having some issues with getting the assignment to work when installing the host msi.

The script im using is below:

msiexec /i "TeamViewer_Host.msi" /qn CUSTOMCONFIGID=ID APITOKEN=TOKEN ASSIGNMENTOPTIONS="--reassign --alias '%COMPUTERNAME%' --group 'Group' --grant-easy-access"

This installs the host and applies my custom host settings but does not assign it to our account, any ides?

Thanks

Tagged:

Best Answer

• JeanK
    JeanK Posts: 6,984 Community Manager 🌍
    Answer ✓

Hello all,

I have asked our engineer team about the issue you are reporting.

The issue you are describing, indeed, can happen from time to time.

I can confirm that the command line you have been posting are 100% correct and should be working as expected.

The first troubleshoot method a TeamViewer engineer would do is to create a new module and try a new deployment with the new API token and the new config ID.

Let me know if this fixed the issue for you.

Community Manager

Answers

• JAVO
    JAVO Posts: 2 ✭✭

I have the same problem. Has anyone solved this yet?

msiexec /i TeamViewer_Host.msi /qn CUSTOMCONFIGID=XXXX APITOKEN=XXXXX SETTINGSFILE="path/to/file/tv.tvopt" ASSIGNMENTOPTIONS="--alias test-test --grant-easy-access"

Thank you.

• Simonds
    Simonds Posts: 1

This is definitely not working anymore. It was fine two weeks ago when i deployed it on 150 machines.

• BHP
    BHP Posts: 3 ✭✭

Well it makes me feel better seeing other people have the same issue. I was absolutely raging that the documentation provided by teamviewer just didn't work....

• Arona
    Arona Posts: 1

Hi,

Same here, assignement is not working, tried with msi, exe, old and new api-token, still the same.

• JeanK
    Answer ✓

Hello all,

I have asked our engineer team about the issue you are reporting.

The issue you are describing, indeed, can happen from time to time.

I can confirm that the command line you have been posting are 100% correct and should be working as expected.

The first troubleshoot method a TeamViewer engineer would do is to create a new module and try a new deployment with the new API token and the new config ID.

Let me know if this fixed the issue for you.

Community Manager

• BHP
    BHP Posts: 3 ✭✭

Hi Jean,

Thanks for the reply.

I re-created the module and that seems to have resolved the issue.

• JeanK

Happy it solved the issue for you! 🚀

Community Manager

• EGM_IT
    EGM_IT Posts: 1

I am having the same issue. This was working correctly up until a week or 2 ago. I have tried creating a new module but still have the same issue. The devices are not automatically being assigned to my account anymore.

• JeanK

Hello @EGM_IT,

I'll try to help you here.

If the devices are not automatically being assigned, you might try another script.

This script split the deployment like this:

1. Installation
    2. Timeout
    3. Assignment

This is the script I recommend using:

msiexec.exe /i "Path\To\TeamViewer_Host.msi" /qn CUSTOMCONFIGID=YOURIDCCODE
    ping -n 31 127.0.0.1>nul
    Path\To\TeamViewer.exe assign --api-token YOURTOKEN --grant-easy-access

Let me know this is working better for you.

All the best,

/JeanK

Community Manager

• Support_Tech_Forg
    Support_Tech_Forg Posts: 4 ✭✭

Hi everyone,

please login in to your console and make sure your api token is still there.

I just logged on to mine and my api keys aren't showing.

Thanks

Dominic.

• OttOopik
    OttOopik Posts: 6 ✭✭

All of this does not work.

• JeanK

Hello @OttOopik,

Please remember that you can always get help from our customer support.

Feel free to reach out to them via ticket or via phone.

📧 Open a ticket

Give us a call

All the best,

/JeanK

Community Manager

• OttOopik
    OttOopik Posts: 6 ✭✭

They should monitor forums themselves also to see that there are problems since february already..

• TechHelpDirect
    TechHelpDirect Posts: 1

Hi,

I have had this same issue for the past 3 days now. I have tried calling support and they were no help at all. Told me to call back on Monday. Everything suggested above has been tried and it isn't working. I have reset the custom module, policies, groups and API key several times with no success. It just downloads a standard version, however, I have checked that the custom .json and .sig are installed and they are. It just appears that they are not working with our Management Console.

I have now submitted 3 requests for support as we need to roll this out to 790 clients by Wednesday next week. If it doesn't work, we are in a very bad position. Please help ASAP.

I've been a Teamviewer customer for almost 10 years and will be doubling my subscription if this works. If it doesn't, we will need to look elsewhere.

Thank you.

• Ying_Q
    Ying_Q Posts: 2,587 Moderator

Hi @TechHelpDirect,

Thank you for posting in TeamViewer Community and we are so sorry to hear the negative experience with TeamViewer!

Since you have contacted TeamViewer support team for assistance on call previously and support tickets have been submitted. We kindly ask your patience on getting the response from the support agent.

If you would like us to assist further, feel free to comment below.

Best,

Ying_Q

Community Moderator/中文社区管理员
  • SiGeRT
    SiGeRT Posts: 1
    edited April 2022

Hallo,

is there a solution for the problem? I recreatet the modules an I tried also an manual API token. The assignment with the installation or the assignment with the shell command are not working.

Edit: The Teamviwer Support ist also out of order... Keeps spinning arround...

Best regards,

Simon