Update now to the most recent TeamViewer Remote version 15.53. See the Changelogs here.

[macOS] v15.28.5

Esther
Esther Posts: 4,052 Former Community Manager
edited March 2022 in TeamViewer Remote

Operating system: macOS

Version: 15.28.5

Release date: 2022-03-22

New Features

• New remote session windows now open at their previous positions on your screen.
  • Tensor customers can now use a policy to configure the number of functions and visible menu items in the TeamViewer client, so they can concentrate on the functions they really need.

Former Community Manager

Tagged:

Comments

• tekpdx
    tekpdx Posts: 9 ✭✭

I just installed this and the command key is still not forwarding to windows computers as the Windows key so keyboard combinations such as win+r and win+e do not work. I reverted to Version: 15.19.4 (4e9fde45e28) and the key works there.

• Esther

Hi @tekpdx

Thanks for your feedback.

I tried to reproduce it and connected from a Mac to a Win (TeamViewer 15.28 on both sides) and send the key commands command + r and command + e.

Command + r opened up the Run command and

Command + e opened up my Win Explorer.

What happens when you send it? And what are you expecting to happen?

Thanks, Esther

Former Community Manager

• tekpdx

When I press the command key the windows start menu does not come up. When I press command+E or command+R the Windows Explorer and the Run Command dialog do not come up. It does work on all versions up to 15.19.4, and with each version since that update the command key no longer forwards. I would try troubleshooting by creating a new profile and see if it were tied to that but Teamviewer has that limit on how many times you can switch around so I can't even troubleshoot it. WIth each version of Teamviewer including this version I have installed it, connected to a windows host, pressed command and nothing happens. I delete the installed version and reinstall 15.19.4 and it works fine.

• tekpdx

Also, just to troubleshoot a bit further...When I bring up the on screen keyboard in Windows it will show the keys that are pressed on the keyboard. In the old version that's working command lights up the WIN key, option lights up the ALT key and control the CTRL key. When I update to this current version of Teamviewer option and control light up but the command key doesn't light up.

• RMF_Solutions
    RMF_Solutions Posts: 2 ✭✭

when will we get mac to win to translate CMD+C CMD+V & etc. to to CTRL+C CTRL+V ????

this makes working with TeamViewer really difficult

• Esther
    edited March 2022

Thanks @tekpdx - Can you confirm that you enabled the "Send system key combinations" setting on your mac?

Hi @RMF_Solutions - Thanks for your comment. As a mac user myself, I get your point but I think the key commands won´t change.

For all of us wondering about the "translation" of key commands from mac to windows, I created this article: Use key commands in sessions (Mac -> Win) and I hope this is helpful!

Former Community Manager

• tekpdx

the "Send system key combinations" got it working (from under the action menu during an active connection). It seems to be persistent between sessions as well as remaining enabled when connecting to a different host....it did introduce another bug though that i discovered straight away when I went to comment here.

So, the CMD key now forwards and works correctly, however, when I go to switch apps by pressing cmd+tab, those keys don't forward to macOS! It does make versions greater than 15.19.4 usable but it's still a bug that didn't exist in that version. I'll revert again to see if that option was added in that version...

...I just reinstalled 15.19.4 and the option, under an active connections window is Action - Send Key Combinations and it's checked. With that checked CMD opens the Windows Start Menu and CMD+TAB switches apps in macOS

...I just reinstalled 15.28.4 (the version "check for updates" grabs) and the menu item under Action is now titled "Send system key combinations". When checked CMD opens the Windows Start Menu but CMD+TAB does not switch apps in macOS.

Looks like something under the hood changed in the system key handling after 15.19.4 that must be causing that.

Either way I'm glad i'm finally able to work in Windows hosts (honestlly, the windows key is like the first thing I press when i touch a windows box! It's crazy how hard i find it to use windows without that thing! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯)

• RMF_Solutions
    RMF_Solutions Posts: 2 ✭✭

that is not what we need, i use other remote support platforms besides TeamViewer, and there its translated CMD+C for windows copy and paste, it very hard for the brain to switch back and forth all day between CMD and CTRL for copy and paste, i do this literally hundreds of times a day as I am on a Mac and most of my customers I windows, this is terrible.

• tekpdx

i prefer knowing that ctrl+c is copy for windows and cmd+c is copy for mac. The two desktops look so different it's tough for me to miss. When apps try to out-smart things like that they get hugely inconsistent and become really annoying. I guess i've got muscle memory for both after using them for so darn long....pros and cons of getting old!