Problem with joining to meeting

inisoft
inisoft Posts: 2 ✭✭
edited April 2023 in Meeting Forum

Hello.

I have problem with lastest version of TeamViewer. I think it could be bug.

When I start meeting in lastest version v15.28.5 partners with older version can join without problems. So if partner has v15.28.5 he cannot join meeting and gets error dialog: "Your partner does not support file transfer. Use remote control to join." But I don't want, this is not reason.

When I downgrade TeamViewer to v15.27.3 I haven't problems.

Thank you for answer.

Answers

• Talldanman
    Talldanman Posts: 1 ✭

When I try to host a meeting and give people a code (example : m665-665-65) they get this error message?

your partner does not support file transfer connection mode mode. please choose remote control and try again.

I dont want remote control I want to host a meeting. what is causing the error?

Thanks for any help

• Talldanman
    Talldanman Posts: 1 ✭

I also get the same error -

your partner does not support file transfer connection mode mode. please choose remote control and try again.

when I try to join a meeting.

does anyone know why?

• BenLouw
    BenLouw Posts: 6 ✭✭

Yeah we are getting it as well. We seem to get it since 25 March randomly. Someone in the company will host the meeting and randomly some one will get that message.

• KMCDagus
    KMCDagus Posts: 14 ✭✭

Meeting starts normally but when the host is presenting or sharing their screen, new participants cannot attend the meeting.

new meeting participants prompts message:

"Your Partner does not support file transfer Connection mode. Please choose Remote Control and try again"

• BenLouw

I can now reliably replicate this. If the host is already sharing a screen then no one else can connect to meeting. Also note the incompatible TeamViewer versions error at the bottom. Both host and client has version 15.28.5 (32-bit) installed.

• BenLouw

I can confirm it is not architecture related. I tested various combinations of 32 and 64 bit TeamViewers and the problem persists. if the host has already started screen sharing I cannot connect.

• JeanK
    JeanK Posts: 6,984 Community Manager 🌍

Hello @BenLouw and @Talldanman,

just wondering, are you starting the meetings from the meeting tab of the standard TeamViewer client, or from a TeamViewer Meeting client?

All the best,

/JeanK

Community Manager

• BenLouw

@JeanK from the meeting tab on the TeamViewer client

• BenLouw

If I host meeting from Meeting tab and share screen even stand-alone Meeting app cannot connect. The other way around I can connect.

• JeanK

@BenLouw I can see in your screenshots "incompatible TeamViewer versions".

What TeamViewer versions are in use on both ends of the connection?

Community Manager

• BenLouw

@JeanK both are 15.28.5

• Opus_IT
    Opus_IT Posts: 3 ✭✭

We're also affected by this. People can join the meeting while no one is sharing their screen. As soon as someone shares their screen anyone who tries to join gets the "file transfer" error message.

• Hello,

We are having the same problem with version 15.28.5 but only if the host of the meeting does screen sharing.

Without screen sharing we can join, leave and rejoin the meeting.

When the above mentioned error dialog appears, there is also stated "incompatibel versions" even if we are using the same versions.

• KMCDagus

We are having the same issue.

When the host start to screenshare, new participants were not able to join the meeting.

It says ""Your Partner does not support file transfer Connection mode. Please choose Remote Control and try again"

• TomasM
    TomasM Posts: 2 ✭✭

Same problem with 15.28.7 on Windows 10. can't make presentation. other computers in the same network works good.

• KMCDagus

As of now the latest version is not allowing new participants when the screen share feature is use.

I would like to downgrade my build version from 15.28 to 15.27

• KMCDagus

Can I ask an official link to download version 15.27, we wish to downgrade the application temporarily while waiting for a response or solution for this kind of issue. ?

• JeanK

Hello all,

After talking with our dev team, we can confirm that this is a bug.

Our dev team is working with top priority on a fix.

I will keep you updated in this thread as soon as we know more about it.

Thank you for your trust and understanding! πŸ™Œ

All the best,

/JeanK

Community Manager

• JeanK
    edited April 2022

Hello all,

We have just released a new version that fixes the issue. πŸ₯³

You'll find the Changelog here: πŸ“‹ [Windows] v15.28.9

Please update all your TeamViewer clients to the latest version.

Please let me know if it fixed the issue for you.

All the best,

/JeanK

@inisoft @Talldanman @BenLouw @KMCDagus @Opus_IT @OPUS_GLennart1 @TomasM

Community Manager

• KMCDagus

Thank you @JeanK .

• JeanK

Hello @alyanrene4,

You are not getting any meeting ID when joining a meeting.

To join a meeting, you only need to insert the meeting ID of the meeting you want to join here:

I hope this helped!

All the best,

/JeanK

Community Manager

• KMCDagus

Hi @SHester ,

I did check on version 15.35.9, new participants were able to join the meeting even if the presenter already shared their screen. New participants of the meeting are using the same version 15.35.9.

It does no occur on our end.

All the best,

KMCDagus