Announcements

Did you already try the new Windows 10 October 2020 Update?

Share your feedback and experience with TeamViewer on the new Windows build with our developers here.

Highlighted
Posted by
Digon

Assignment API issue

So, recently I made an automated wrapper for TeamViewer installation via SCCM. Largely, this deployment is successful and works as intended.

However, I have several machines that are failing to assign due to this error:

2018-01-30 10:28:37	WebAPI: POST 'devices/assign' (Body: {"device_id":"[personal information removed]","assign_mode":"easyrollout","current_device_password":"REDACTED","enable_easy_access":true})
2018-01-30 10:28:40	=> 400 (Body: {"error":"failed_to_assign_manager_to_device","error_description":"FailedToAssignManagerToDevice","error_code":17})
2018-01-30 10:28:40 => Assignment failed with:
POST-Request 'devices/assign' failed with 400 (API-Error: 'failed_to_assign_manager_to_device' (Code 17), Description: 'FailedToAssignManagerToDevice')

This same exact script works for 180 other machines as well as new images. Re-launching the deployment does not resolve. What password is the API trying to use here? What exactly is current_device_password?

One more thing; is there a way to manage endpoints as a centralized list rather than shared lists that all have to be updated individually? Having some issues with that as the whole point of this deployment was to completely reinstall a specific version of TV with unified policy; to do that they had to be re-assigned, and to do that I deleted them all from the web console.. but the contacts still exist on other account lists. Is there no centralized management of endpoint lists?