Import user Or integrate with Active director

Hi Expert,

I am new to teamviewer and we just bought corporate license, I checked it can import all users from excel file or also can integrate with AD, has anyone used those function, which is easier and stable. I have less than 400 users, can someone share some idea about this?

What we need is remote access for the pc and have message chat with company users

Thanks

Shermaine

Best Answer

Answers

• Alfonso588
    Alfonso588 Posts: 7 [Former Staff]

Good Post :)

Wanted to mention that since we have an open API. Users can edit the script to accommodate nested OUs.

$syncGroupCN = "tvuser"
    $syncGroupOU = "myUsers"
    $syncGroupSearchFilter = "(&(objectCategory=user)(memberOf=cn=$syncGroupCN,ou=$syncGroupOU,ou=anotherOU,ou=anotherOU2,$dn))"

When editing the scripts for nested OUs. It should always start from the bottom OU to the top level OU. 

• ShermaineW
    ShermaineW Posts: 6 ✭✭

Thanks, Tobias.

I am going to import the user, rather than integrate with AD, anyway AD does not support Single Sign on now, I would rather doing import from CSV file.

I am thinkin g if it is possible to import the photo as well, for each user profiler.

• ShermaineW
    ShermaineW Posts: 6 ✭✭

thanks you as well, Alfonso588.

• scharman
    scharman Posts: 2

whats the exact sytax of the start -sleep ?

• haribn
    haribn Posts: 1

I ran the script with our domain parameters and it ran successfully.  But what is the next step after running the script?  I did not see anu output.

• Helllo Tobias the helpful one. I have a question regarding your ADSync script and AD integration in general. First question is, if I am running this script in the PS ISE, where will I see the outcome? Second question is I am running into an error having to do with line 146. The error reads

Reading AD OU members

Get all users...
    Request [GET] /api/v1/users?full_list=true
    Request failed! The error was 'The remote server returned an error: (401) Unauthorized.'.
    Received content was:
    {"error":"invalid_token","error_description":"Access token does not have the required permissions for this function.","error_code":2}
    Exception calling "Add" with "2" argument(s): "Key cannot be null.
    Parameter name: key"
    At C:\Users\owood\Downloads\TeamViewer_API_Example_Active_Directory\TeamViewer_API_Example_Active_Directory\PowerShell\ADSync.ps1:174 char:3
    + $dictUsersAPI.Add($u.id, $u)
    + ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    + CategoryInfo : NotSpecified: (:) [], MethodInvocationException
    + FullyQualifiedErrorId : ArgumentNullException

AD OU Sync finished.

I am no PS guru and do appreciate the help (and Maricela's and Christian's). Can you shine light on what is going wrong? Quick side note, I used the Unblocked-File cmdlet instead of figuring out the right execution level and unblocked files that were blocked.