Mass deployment issues

We do have various issues with the mass deployment of Teamviewer 14. In our script we first uninstall any old version of TV, delete the TV folder and delete all old registry keys.

Then we use the following command to install:
msiexec.exe /i TeamViewer_Host.msi /qn CUSTOMCONFIGID=id APITOKEN=API ASSIGNMENTOPTIONS="--alias %COMPUTERNAME% --grant-easy-access --reassign"

On about 70% of the clients (update or freshly deployed) this works flawlessy, gets the correct config and assigns correctly to our account.

Now, for the clients we update it happens in the rest of the cases, that the config is correct but the account assignment does not work. So we basically have no way of connecting to those machines because they request a password which is not set.

Some of the hosts that are deployed to freshly installed clients will get the config and a TV ID but just not show up in our console, so I guess it's also the account assignment that is not working.

What we did now is, after the installation added a stop and start of the Teamviewer service (which was recommended by the TeamViewer Support) and then we run the above command again.

So far with the test clients, the installation with config and account assignment seems to be at 100% but we have 10-15% of the clients which show no TeamViewer Service running.

Our case is, as mentioned already with TV support, even escalated to the development team, but I was hoping for some ideas from the community. We've been at that problem for weeks now and no solution is in sight (except for changing the product).

Comments

• We also have some accounts that we cant asssign.
    They are are in our list but when we try to assign the policy it asks a password and the known password odesn work. als 10 - 15 % problems rest is ok.
  • flospi
    flospi Posts: 44 ✭✭

Just as a quick information... after a lot of testing and sending around logfiles, TeamViewer Support told me that they finally found the problem and that the developers are working on the solution!

• PSALPS
    PSALPS Posts: 3

Hi,

i am currently working on the same topic, creating a package with our software deployment tool to upgrade Teamviewer from 12 to 14.
    I will basically use the same command for the installation and assignment. Do you know if Teamviewer has already released a fix for your issue? So should i start with the upgrade or wait for a new minor version?

Apart from that, would you like to share some information about the folders and registry entries which you have deleted after the uninstallation? Would appreciate it a lot.

Thanks!

Edit:
    I have just checked my previous v12 uninstall script. Here i am deleting

• %ProgramFiles(x86)%/Teamviewer
    • HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\TeamViewer
    • HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\TeamViewer

Is there anything to add?

• flospi
    flospi Posts: 44 ✭✭

Hey

We remove the following Registry Keys:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\TeamViewer
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\TeamViewer

And also delete the TeamViewer folder.

But before that, we run all possible uninstallation:

"%ProgramFiles(x86)%\TeamViewer\Version6\uninstall.exe" /S
    "%ProgramFiles(x86)%\TeamViewer\Version7\uninstall.exe" /S
    "%ProgramFiles(x86)%\TeamViewer\Version8\uninstall.exe" /S
    "%ProgramFiles(x86)%\TeamViewer\Version9\uninstall.exe" /S
    "%ProgramFiles(x86)%\TeamViewer\uninstall.exe" /S

But with the latest version should have the other issues fixed according to TeamViewer Support.