Announcements

Did you already try the new Windows 10 October 2020 Update?

Share your feedback and experience with TeamViewer on the new Windows build with our developers here.

Highlighted
Posted by
Digon

Teamviewer host on Mac and Chrome OS

Hello, I have been able to deploy teamviewer into windows computers but in our school we count with many Mac and Chrome OS devices. I wanted to know how to install it keeping the settings and assigment that we use for Windows.

Thank you very Much,

11 Replies
11 Replies
Highlighted
Posted by TeamViewer Staff
TeamViewer Staff

Re: Teamviewer host on Mac and Chrome OS

Hi @LincolnAEL,

if you want to rollout TeamViewer on macOS, this article will help you: Mass deployment on macOS. Assignment will also work, but importing settings isn't supported on macOS yet.

For Chrome OS, there is currently no mass deployment possibility.

Regards

Sven

Highlighted
Posted by
Digon

Hi Sven_F, There is no need to deploy it massively. I just want to know how to install it in Mac and Chrome OS, which installer I have to use and if I have to set them all up, by one one.

Thanks, 

Highlighted
TeamViewer Staff

Hi @LincolnAEL,

you can just download the according packges for each OS:

1. the installer for macOS can be found here: https://www.teamviewer.com/en/download/mac-os/
  2. the installer for ChromeOS can be found here: https://www.teamviewer.com/en/download/chrome-os/

Afterwards install them on every computer (one by one) by double-clicking on the package and follow the instructions.

Regards

Sven

Highlighted
Posted by
Digon

Ok, great, I could try Chrome OS extension, but it seems to be user based, so each user has to install it. Regarding Mac, I could install it and set it up, but it is telling me that the client has a newer version and I have Teamviewer 13 license. Do you know where can I get Teamviewer 13 download for mac?

Thanks,

Highlighted
TeamViewer Staff

Hi @LincolnAEL

you can find older versions of TeamViewer here: https://www.teamviewer.com/en/download/previous-versions/

Regards

Sven

Highlighted
Posted by
Photon

I am not sure if I am on the right place or not.  My computer was broken into and I am not trying to make sure that both my and my 96 year old mother's computer are 1.  protected on Teamviewer  and 2. That her computer is set so that I can get into her computer when it is asleep.  Someone at Teamviewer kindly helped with this process but I must have misunderstood something.

1. I now understand that the password changes each time so theoretically no one can get into her computer without knowing the password.  However, I keep getting messages on my computer that say:

"DorothyaltmansiMac.attlocal.net has signed in" when there is definitely no one on the her computer.  I, on the other hand, am no longer able to connect with her computer.

I think that I may have gotten some of the instructions wrong.  My notes say:

1. Change Mom's pw's under security for unattended access on both computers-mine in Boston and hers in FL.

Something about: preferences, security, preferences easy access, preferences-general-but I don't any longer understand what that means and when we tried couldn't find everything.  Would really appreciate help.

Thank you.

Wendy A.

Highlighted
Posted by
Henagon

The installer for chrome ops IS NOT a host installer.

Highlighted
Posted by TeamViewer Star
TeamViewer Star

Hi @hogriderj 

What do you want to do that this app doesn't provide it?

Best regards 

Pro
Highlighted
Posted by
Henagon

@Vatsilidis I would like to have teamviewer host run on my Mom's Chromebook so when she needs help, I can remotely connect to her chromebook from my pc.

@Vatsilidis wrote:

Hi @hogriderj 

Best regards 

@Vatsilidis wrote:

Hi @hogriderj 

Best regards 

@Vatsilidis wrote:

Hi @hogriderj 

Best regards 

Highlighted
Posted by TeamViewer Star
TeamViewer Star

Have you tried to set up the unattended access to the remote pc?

You can see the How to Setup Unattended Access.

I hope this will solve it for you.

Best regards

Pro
Highlighted
Posted by Moderator Moderator

Hello @hogriderj,

As we say...better late than never! 😇

We are happy to announce that you can now share the screen of your devices running ChromeOS. 🙌

If you want to connect via unattended access, please use the TeamViewer Host.
If you want to connect spontaneously, please use the TeamViewer QuickSupport.

You will find the download links here:

Alternatively, you can also download these versions directly on our website here: TeamViewer for Chrome OS

Please also find additional information here: Supported platforms - Chrome OS 

Feel free to share your feedback!

Have a good end of the week. and stay safe! 🍀

Best,

Jean

French Community Moderator

If my reply answered your question, help out other users and click the Accept as a Solution button below. ✅
You can also say thanks by clicking on the Thumbs Up button!
Thanks for being an active member of our Community!