Announcements

Would you like to co-innovate with us? If so, we’d like to invite you to become product development partners with us. Read more about it in our announcement Launch of the TeamViewer User Focus Program

Posted by p2k
Digon

Management of channel groups via API

I am looking into the TeamViewer API currently because I want to create our users by script in the future.

We currenlty have 2 channgel groups for our users and I need to be able to assign a new user to a channel group. Sadly I don't see this as a possibility via API currently. At least I couldn't find any word about this in the documentation.

https://dl.tvcdn.de/integrate/TeamViewer_API_Documentation.pdf

Is this currently possible? If not, do you have any timeframe, when this might become available.

thanks

Philipp

1 Reply
1 Reply
Posted by DomLan
Heptagon

Re: Management of channel groups via API

Hi @p2k 

I apologize for the delay ... you've probably already solved the problem.

Yes, the operations you are talking about are possible as long as they are executed in separate steps: create the operator, create the group (or retrieve the related id) and then execute a POST to /api/v1/groups/<gID>/share_group (share group with other user(s))

Remember that authentication for last step must be executed with read-write permission on specific group: so Company access token or, at least, user with full access on that group.

Regards.

Domenico Langone
MCSD: App Builder