Announcements

TeamViewer 14.5 has been released. See the Change Logs here.

Posted by mRiston
Henagon

Token Issue Getting List of TV Devices

Hey all, I'm trying to use PowerShell to query my TV account to retrieve a list of all of our computers. I'm working on trying to use the last_seen return value as part of an internal cleanup project.

In reading through the API and using a few of the pre-existing scripts on the internet, but am receiving the following error when trying to pull GET against api/v1/devices. 

{"error":"invalid_token","error_description":"Access token is of wrong type. You need a UserToken to call this function.","error_code":2}

Example code:

$TeamViewer_APIKey = ''

$bearer = "Bearer",$TeamViewer_APIKey
$header = New-Object "System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary[[String],[String]]"
$header.Add("authorization", $bearer)

$request = Invoke-RestMethod -Uri "https://webapi.teamviewer.com/api/v1/devices" -Method Get -Headers $header

1 Reply
1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions
Posted by mRiston
Henagon
Solution

Re: Token Issue Getting List of TV Devices

Turns out the usage of a company API key is different than one for an individual account. I deleted the company API key I had before and regenerated one for just my individual admin account and am good to go.
1 Reply
Posted by mRiston
Henagon
Solution

Re: Token Issue Getting List of TV Devices

Turns out the usage of a company API key is different than one for an individual account. I deleted the company API key I had before and regenerated one for just my individual admin account and am good to go.