Announcements

Would you like to co-innovate with us? If so, we’d like to invite you to become product development partners with us. Read more about it in our announcement Launch of the TeamViewer User Focus Program

Highlighted
Posted by dryan1
Henagon

Remove - Deactivate a dead device from Remote Management

I have a server that died that was activated on Remote Management Monitoring.  It was also accidentally removed from our device list.  Does anyone know how to deactivate it from Remote Management under these circumstances?

1 Reply
1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions
Posted by Senior Moderator Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator
Solution

Re: Remove - Deactivate a dead device from Remote Management

Hello @dryan1 

Thank you for your post.

The uninstall command for TeamViewer Remote Management services can only be performed on devices that are online.

For any offline device you wish to remove a TeamViewer Remote Management service, you can free up the endpoint by simply deleting the device from your Computers & Contacts list:

1. Log in to the Management Console - https://login.TeamViewer.com 
  2. Navigate to the group where the device resides
  3. Click the device name, select properties
  4. Click delete in the bottom left corner
    2019-05-15 16_02_14-TeamViewer Management Console.png

As you mentioned it was already removed from your Computers & Contacts list, you may need to re-sign in to the Management Console before you see the changes.

I hope this helps! 

Josh P.
Senior Moderator

If my reply answered your question, help out other users and click the Accept as a Solution  button below.

You can also say thanks by clicking on the Thumbs Up button!

Thanks for being an active member of our Community!

Japanese Community (日本語コミュニティ) |  Chinese Community (中文社区) |  German Community (Deutschsprachig) | French Community (Communauté française) | English Community | Spanish Community (Comunidad española)

1 Reply
Posted by Senior Moderator Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator
Solution

Re: Remove - Deactivate a dead device from Remote Management

Hello @dryan1 

Thank you for your post.

The uninstall command for TeamViewer Remote Management services can only be performed on devices that are online.

For any offline device you wish to remove a TeamViewer Remote Management service, you can free up the endpoint by simply deleting the device from your Computers & Contacts list:

1. Log in to the Management Console - https://login.TeamViewer.com 
  2. Navigate to the group where the device resides
  3. Click the device name, select properties
  4. Click delete in the bottom left corner
    2019-05-15 16_02_14-TeamViewer Management Console.png

As you mentioned it was already removed from your Computers & Contacts list, you may need to re-sign in to the Management Console before you see the changes.

I hope this helps! 

Josh P.
Senior Moderator

If my reply answered your question, help out other users and click the Accept as a Solution  button below.

You can also say thanks by clicking on the Thumbs Up button!

Thanks for being an active member of our Community!

Japanese Community (日本語コミュニティ) |  Chinese Community (中文社区) |  German Community (Deutschsprachig) | French Community (Communauté française) | English Community | Spanish Community (Comunidad española)