Client help for Mac

Options

I'm an IT supporter and a paying TeamViewer customer. My clients are Win and Mac users with their own private equipment. They phone in; I direct them to a link to our client download (get.teamviewer.com/6yh7whg), and hope they get an ID and password so I can help them. Unfortunately, what they need to do after clicking my link before they get an ID depends on their browser, OS, and security settings. With inexperienced users, getting through this may be more complicated than the problem they are actually calling about. (Sometimes, they don't even know if they have Win or Mac, and much less which version or which security settings they have.) Especially with newer Macs, the security settings they need to fix first are a serious problem. I need to see their screen, but preferably also to control their mouse. Hence my question: "IS THERE A SIMLPE VIDEO GUIDE OR MANUAL TO WHICH I CAN DIRECT INEXPERIENCE MAC USERS, THAT IS (NEARLY) GUARANTIED TO HELP THEM THROUGH THIS?"

Tagged:

Best Answer

Answers

• JeanK
    JeanK Posts: 6,987 Community Manager 🌍
    Options

Hello @NielsØstergård

Thank you for your message and welcome to the TeamViewer Community! ?

We understand the challenge of explaining more complex settings to a non-tech-savvy person, especially when it comes to enabling remote control on recent Mac devices.

Unfortunately, we do not have any video showing this. The only guide we have for Mac users to enable remote control is the following: How to control a Mac running macOS 10.14 or higher 

Best regards

Jean

Community Manager

• NielsØstergård
    Options

Tank you very much for your reply, Jean!

I'd seen that page, but would never direct the average Mac user that I need to help that way.

Creating a text or video guide that would actually help these users, or just 90% of them, say, is a difficult task. Not having the time or expertise, and not having a bunch of different Macs with different macOS vesrions and different security settings around for testing, I would not undertake that myself.

But it would be great if someone did that - preferably covering Windows (with different browsers) as well as Mac (all common version), with simple questions to guide the user quickly to the tips that are relevant for them. And it would be great if such a guide could be found at a simple URL, and was updated whenever Apple (or Microsoft) comes up with new obstacles (OK, new security measures).