File Transfer - External Hard Drives Connected to Mac

Options

Hello!

My team needs to access files remotely that are stored on two external hard drives connected to a Mac Mini.

Everyone is using PCs at their home offices. When using TeamViewer to connect to the Mac Mini for a file transfer, the external hard drives are not visible.

But we have PC in the office that is mapped to the external drives over the network. We have no issues with TeamViewer file transfers seeing the hard drives through this machine. 

I would like to remove the PC from the equation and have everyone be able to transfer files directly using the Mac Mini. 

As far as I can tell, TV has the security access it needs on the Mac (using the Check System Access feature). File Sharing is enabled on the Mac and the external hard drives are available as Shared Folders (for both SMB and AFB). I've tried resetting File Sharing permissions already with reboots on both ends, didn't work.

Any help or ideas would be greatly appreciated. Also, please let me know if I need to clarify anything.

Thanks!

Mike

Comments

• skiutah
    skiutah Posts: 1
    Options

I solved this. You should see a folder called "Volumes". If you click on that, your attached external hard drive will become visible.