teamviewer.com link icon
or
Ask The Community

Exporting a list of my Computers

Hello,

Is it possible to export a list of all the devices contained within the "Computers & Contacts" section thorugh either the Web Managment console or The Teamviewer managment program on windows?

Cheers guys

Answers

• Kfix
    Kfix Posts: 0

I need to export devices that are currently enrolled in order to indentify those that have not received the policy .

Thank you.

• ArvidInSupport
    ArvidInSupport Posts: 3 ✭✭

What can I export? At the moment I am limited to :

"remotecontrol_id": 

"device_id": "

"alias": 

"groupid":  

"online_state": 

"assigned_to": 

"teamviewer_id":"

I would like to export more things about my devices. For example, Which version of teamviewer they are running, how long have they been online. etc.

Thanks

• JeanK
    JeanK Posts: 5,602 Community Manager 🌍

Indeed, the export is limited to the parameters you have mentioned.

There are currently no further parameters available such as the TeamViewer version, how long they have been online etc...

Community Manager

---

Did my response answer your question? Help out others and select it as the Accepted Answer

• ArvidInSupport
    ArvidInSupport Posts: 3 ✭✭

How can I add more parameters to your code?

I would like to add

"supported_features (string, optional),

last_seen (string, optional),"

"

Is it possible?

• JeanK

This is currently not possible.

Community Manager

---

Did my response answer your question? Help out others and select it as the Accepted Answer

• RyanMaeng
    RyanMaeng Posts: 3 ✭✭

Hi JeanK

How to import users with a csv file on powershell ??

• JeanK

Hi @RyanMaeng,

Please find how to import the list into your Management Console in our documentation here:

Community Manager

---

• pshute
    pshute Posts: 3 ✭✭

The TeamViewer API method described above worked to download all our devices, but why are some of the last_seen values blank? Some of the devices concerned have been accessed recently.

• pshute
    edited November 2021

When I used this method a few days ago, the header line in the dump was

"remotecontrol_id","device_id","alias","groupid","online_state","policy_id","assigned_to","last_seen","teamviewer_id"

Today the header line is

"remotecontrol_id","device_id","alias","groupid","online_state","policy_id","assigned_to","supported_features","teamviewer_id"

What happened to the last_seen column?

• Akiho
    Akiho Posts: 574 Moderator
    edited November 2021

Hi @pshute,

Thank you for reaching out to the community

Good questions!!

Honestly, I'm not 100% sure about this case.

So, I discussed the case with our technical support engineer @Scotty, and I confirmed the below details.

Last Seen

The last_seen value is optional and is only available if the device is assigned to the user doing the export and is currently offline. You can confirm this in the documentation here - 4.10.1

last_seen (optional): The timestamp of the last time, the device was online. Is not returned if the device is currently online. Only available if the device is assigned to the current user.

"Missing Column"

It is important to note that API's do not return columns, they return responses formatted in JSON with only the values for each response. In this case, I would assume you are using PowerShell or similar that is converting this into an array, then converting that into CSV.

The CSV conversion is making columns out of the returned data. If there was no "Last Seen" values returned, it would not make a column for this as this value would not have ever appeared in the array.

You can see how the raw responses look in our Test Center (Note you need to add the word "Bearer" before your API token).

Hope this answers your question!

Please let us know if you have further questions or concerns! 🙌

Best regards,

Akiho

Japanese Community Moderator / コミュニティモデレーター

• pshute

Thanks, I just used the code provided above by JeanK.

I exported to both CSV and JSON, and I can see last_seen values in the JSON file. I think the difference is that there's no value for it in the first "row". I suspect the Export-Csv cmdlet ignores fields with names that aren't in the first row.

• JanBorup
    JanBorup Posts: 1 Newbie

I have tried the JeanK PS script, but it fails in my PowerScript with this:

Invoke-RestMethod : Den angivne værdi har ugyldige kontroltegn.

Parameternavn: value

At line:4 char:20

+ ... sResponse = Invoke-RestMethod -Uri "https://webapi.teamviewer.com/api ...

+         ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

+ CategoryInfo     : NotSpecified: (:) [Invoke-RestMethod], ArgumentException

+ FullyQualifiedErrorId : System.ArgumentException,Microsoft.PowerShell.Commands.InvokeRestMethodCommand

Export-Csv : Cannot bind argument to parameter 'InputObject' because it is null.

At line:6 char:28

+ ... e.devices | Export-Csv -Path $csvFile -Delimiter ',' -NoTypeInformati ...

+         ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

+ CategoryInfo     : InvalidData: (:) [Export-Csv], ParameterBindingValidationException

+ FullyQualifiedErrorId : ParameterArgumentValidationErrorNullNotAllowed,Microsoft.PowerShell.Commands.ExportCsvCommand

My PowerShell version is:

Name              Value                                                 

----              -----                                                 

PSVersion           5.1.19041.1320                                             

PSEdition           Desktop                                                

PSCompatibleVersions      {1.0, 2.0, 3.0, 4.0...}                                        

BuildVersion          10.0.19041.1320                                            

CLRVersion           4.0.30319.42000                                            

WSManStackVersion       3.0                                                  

PSRemotingProtocolVersion   2.3                                                  

SerializationVersion      1.1.0.1                                                

Can anyone help me here ??

• MCHD
    MCHD Posts: 2 Newbie

@JeanK I don't know how old your solution is but tried it just now and I was able to dump the data I needed for our organization. Thanks!

• JeanK

@MCHD thanks for reaching out!

Could you let us know what you have exactly tried? Which data did you pull out in your operations?

Community Manager

---