How can I connect to one user in a remote host without logging in?

Options

I searched everywhere but didn't find a solution.

Basically I downloaded teamviewer both on my pc (macOS) and on the host (ubuntu) (the server which I should connect to). In this server, there are two user accounts. One is mine, and one is not.

If I want to access the computer remotely, I can, but only if I logged into my account in the server. If I logged out, then teamviewer says I can't.

I logged in with the same account on both teamviewers apps. I enabled all the useful settings on the server, like "grant easy access", "allowlist", and "account assignment" but nothing seems to work.

What can I do? I am quite desperate. 

Tagged:

Comments

• JeanK
    JeanK Posts: 6,988 Community Manager 🌍
    Options

Hello @alessiapacca,

Thank you for your message. ?

You can only grand easy access to one account.

This means, once you have granted Easy Access to account 1, you need to share the device group in which the Ubuntu Host is located with full control as a setting, with account 2.

2020-09-23 10_28_25-Share group.png

The Easy Access will be transfered to account 2 as well.

I hope this could help. ?

If not, do not hesitate to ask your questions here. ?

Best regards

Jean

Community Manager

• alessiapacca
    Options

it's not a teamviewer account: it's a local pc account, so in my contacts I don't have the account 2.

Is it clear?

• criadmin
    criadmin Posts: 7 ✭✭
    Options

This problem has been simmmering for over a year and they still have not fixed the problem.  It appears with very recent updates to Ubuntu even the workarounds no longer work.

Before you could set someone to autologin but the login would eventually return but this was fine as you would be able to still see the screen.  Now if the login prompt returns for any reason, you will not get access.

I have been trying to get support on the phone for over 2 hours now and I have a business subscription.  Everything I have tried will not work so I plan to get them on the phone and work through it until it is fixed.