Windows 10 remote desktop sessions showing up in TV session list and preventing host from sleeping

woodr2011
woodr2011 Posts: 3 ✭✭
edited May 2023 in General questions

I often switch between using TeamViewer (beta v12, updated) and Microsoft Windows 10 Remote Desktop to access my host PC (which is running Windows 10 Pro). Over the past several months, I have noticed that the TV session list (which appears in the lower right corner of the host PC) is showing what appears to be my Windows RD sessions, AND my host PC is not going to sleep after those sessions end. Restarting the host PC resolved this issue in the past, but no longer. I have to log back into the host PC, close all TV sessions by x'ing out of the sessions list tab, etc. I am attaching a screen shot of the session list. Can anyone please shed light on this? It is obviously a setting of some sort that is making TV recognize those Windows RD sessions when it should only recognize its own TV sessions. Thank you!

session list from HOST PC with Windows RD sessions showing in TV session list.session list from HOST PC with Windows RD sessions showing in TV session list.

Comments

• Urmeli
    Urmeli Posts: 6 Staff member 🤠

This should be fixed in the final version of TV12. Please try it after it is released and let us know if is working as expected.

• woodr2011

@Urmeli wrote:

This should be fixed in the final version of TV12. Please try it after it is released and let us know if is working as expected.

Thank you for your reply, Urmeli. Is there a set date for the release of the final version of TV12?

• Urmeli
    Urmeli Posts: 6 Staff member 🤠

Sorry, I can't tell the exact date. But I can say "soon" :)

• woodr2011

@Urmeli wrote:

Sorry, I can't tell the exact date. But I can say "soon" :)

"Soon" works for me! My impression (from what your are saying) is that the appropriate development people have already isolated the underlying cause of this issue...? I contacted TV tech support some while ago and they wanted me to download a program on my host and client computers that would analyze the issue and generate log files that could be sent to them for analysis, etc. I would prefer not to do that if the solution has already been determined.