Teamviewer deployment

Hello all,

My company recently purchased a TV licence and I am not sure how to set it up in a proficient way. I sent TV an email explaining the situation and shared a drawing of the setup with them but I only got back a very generic email which did not clarify much and I was hoping that maybe someone here could help me to better understand.

So my setup is very easy: 7 users will connect to a number of systems around the globe for support purposes. Each user should not need to establish more than one connection at a time but a remote system may be accessed by two or more users simultanously.

I have created a user per each colleague in the dashboard. 

My main question is: what would be the best way to deploy Teamviewer on the remote systems? What do I install?

Shall I install the free version and just set a fixed password for unattended access? I cannot see why someone should remote FROM those systems - they should only receive connections from others.

Would the TV "host" be a better solution? Or maybe shall I create a generic "remote system" user and then set all the remote systems using the same user account? I believe this solution has the advantage of allowing anybody - even free users - to remote in without having to worry about the "commercial use detected" error. I am thinking of someone who is away from their company's computer and needs to quickly remote in from a FREE system.

One thing that is important is to make sure that other remote systems do not automatically appear on the remote system's contact list. In case someone opens TV, finds a list of systems to connect to and decides to have fun with them! :)

Would anybody be able to help please?

Thanks!

Antonio

Tagged: