Older versions on old Windows Platforms

Cor_van_Nijkerk
Cor_van_Nijkerk Posts: 2
edited May 2023 in General questions

I am trying to connect to older TeamViewer versions on BackUp PC's. On my Windows 10 and my iPhone App I get the error message: "The remote Teamviewer is running an old version ...."

Following the instructions to update them I get the message that the latest versions are already installed. I'm talking about PC's running on XP SP3 with TV version 14.2.56676.

How can I remote these computers?

Thank you so much

Tagged:

Best Answer

Answers

• Esther
    Esther Posts: 4,052 Former Community Manager

Hi @Cor_van_Nijkerk 

Thanks for your post.

We are asking our free users as well as the users trialling the software with older versions of TeamViewer to update to the latest version of TeamViewer in order to continue using the software.

Please check if your hardware is compatible with the latest TeamViewer version here: Is my hardware supported? 

If your hardware does not allow an update to the latest version, unfortunately, you cannot benefit from the free version.

More information: Enjoy using the best version of TeamViewer we made so far! - How to proceed? 

Thanks and best,

Esther

Former Community Manager

• Beste Esther,

Just for my understanding. The site you refer to mentions that I can reach XP PC's running lower versions above 14.2. But my PC running 15.11.6 and iPad with the App cannot reach them at all. What do I miss in my understanding?

Thanks and regards