"How to use Teamviewer" page opens on login

Options

Teamviewer is opening a "How to use Teamviewer" page in the default browser randomly, sometimes just when a user logs into windows.

How can I disable this?

This is very annoying, confusing, and frustrating to users.

This is not related to the personal use message, this on a paid account.

Tagged:

Comments

• dancontoso
    dancontoso Posts: 1
    Options

seriously - it's really annoying, where is the setting to stop it from opening?

• TimGTyl
    TimGTyl Posts: 2 ✭✭
    Options

We've been a long time user of TeamViewer. We just installed the latest version of the Windows client on several workstations. After doing so, we have found that every time a new account logs in, the web browser automatically opens to a "How to use Teamviewer" website (as shown in the attached).

Since we install TeamViewer on every one of our workstations, but only those of us in IT actually use the software, it's created a lot of support requests from our end users on what TeamViewer is and whether they need to do anything with it.

I reached out to support and they claim there's no way to turn this "feature" off. This is completely mindboggling to us as I have to imagine many other organizations use TV in the same manner we do.

Has anyone else dealt with this? If so, have you found any creative ways to prevent this from happening?

• CindyX
    CindyX Posts: 2 ✭✭
    edited January 2021
    Options

I have the same questions. Sometimes it pops up many times. I don't even know which click trigger it popping up. It's seriously annoying.

• CindyX
    CindyX Posts: 2 ✭✭
    Options

Same question! It's annoying.

• JackyTen
    JackyTen Posts: 1
    Options

really it's very annoying.

• Pully
    Pully Posts: 1
    Options

Hi,

Did anyone found a solution ?

Thank you

• KrazyKiwi
    KrazyKiwi Posts: 1
    edited February 2021
    Options

Hi,

Has anyone heard from Teamviewer about fixing this issue. It is getting far more than frustrating. 😜

Thanks.

• Kurt_Altius
    Options

Hello,

I just started having this problem. Please let me know if anyone has found a fix!

Thank you,

Kurt

• Quest_Technologies
    Options

Setting these registry items seem to do the trick.

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\TeamViewer\DefaultSettings]

"HostInfoDialog"=dword:00000000

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\TeamViewer\DefaultSettings]

[HKEY_USERS\.DEFAULT\Software\TeamViewer]

"MinimizeToTray"=dword:00000001

Lorenzo