teamviewer.com link icon
or
Ask The Community

TeamViewer to control the new 'Google Chromecast with Google TV'?

AlexL46
AlexL46 Posts: 1
edited February 7 in General Questions

I have TeamViewer (v. 15.11.6) on my PC with Windows 10. I installed TeamViwer Host (v. 15.11.114) on Google Chromecast with Google TV.

Should this work?

I can connect to Chromecast, but Remote control fails with the error “Your partner rejected your connection request”.

The options File transfer, Dashboard and Apps do work. Settings – I am not sure.

Can anyone help?

TIA

Comments

• chinarut
    chinarut Posts: 5 ✭✭

Hi! We just got a Chromecast with Google TV and would love to remote administer it as well.

In Feb 2020, we don’t get a rejection error message - we actually get the Chromecast successfully asking for permission:

we say yes and it spins for awhile and returns right back to the “Ready to Connect” screen (with a green dot)

Any pointers?

• johan_viberg
    johan_viberg Posts: 0 Newbie

I have the same problem. Maybe it's related to the fact that I'm unable to install the "TeamViewer Universal Add-On"?

/Johan

• Mine doesn’t even get close to coming up with that it says to open settings then it does nothing

• ThierryN
    ThierryN Posts: 0 Newbie

Did anyone have any success in achieving remote access to a Chromecast with Google TV? I'm trying to be able to support my elderly parents remotely when they have an issue, or question with their device. :-)