How to get around the version check?

Options

I have installed, uninstalled and cleaned the registry on two Windows XP computers on my network 4 times trying to get past the cannot connect because the remote computer is running an older version. Using the same downloaded file to install on both computers. TV version 14.2.56677 on both computers.

Getting frustrated with the whole mess, I am using the free version on my home network. Not expecting allot of support but dagon it it should work.

What is TV looking for when it checks the version on the other computer? Maybe if I knew I could fix it?

Answers

• BobInOK
    BobInOK Posts: 4 ✭✭
    Options

Should have done more research, looks as though you can't connect over a local network using the TV ID, you need to either use the IP address or the Computer name. Also need to change the Incoming LAN Connections to Allow. I haven't actually tried this yet. Next time I go out to the shop I'll configure that computer and see what happens, I'm going to guess it will work.

• Fiona_G
    Fiona_G Posts: 689 Staff member 🤠
    Options

Hi @BobInOK,

Thank you for your post. We are asking our free users as well as the users trialing the software with older versions of TeamViewer to update to the latest version of TeamViewer (15.12.4 currently) in order to continue using the software. Please check if your hardware is compatible with the latest TeamViewer version here:

If your hardware does not allow an update to the latest version, unfortunately, you cannot benefit from the free version. For more information regarding this topic, please refer to

Fiona_G
  • BobInOK
    Options

Thanks but no help. I am running XP on the computer in my shop and it does everything it needs to do. I have no reason or desire to upgrade that computer even though the industry is all against running XP and wants me to spend money I shouldn't have to. If TV won't work then I'll find some other way.

• BobInOK
    Options

Still no joy...

If I enable Incoming LAN Connections TV crashes and the only way I can it to run is to remove and reinstall. Says something about the TV Service not being able to run.