Copy & paste from Win to Mac showing up as chinese characters

Szil
Szil Posts: 2 ✭✭

I use teamviewer to control a Mac Mini from a Windows PC. Everything works great, except copy & paste has started sending (or pasting) chinese characters on the Mac. This functionality used to work fine, and the only changes are OS updates on both machines and teamviewer updates. I have checked the language setting on both computers, and set both to English. Copy & paste on the Mac itself works fine, only when pasting text from the Windows PC to the Mac via teamviewer do the chinese characters show up. Any help correcting this would be appreciated.

Comments

• jbrenton
    jbrenton Posts: 1

I'm having the same issue. Did you ever resolve it?

• Szil
    Szil Posts: 2 ✭✭

No, still have the same issue. I've removed & re-installed teamviewer on both machines, set language to english on both, same result. Must be a bug in this version of teamviewer. Maybe they'll fix it in the next release.

• gfay63
    gfay63 Posts: 1

I have this issue too!!! So frustrating. Last several weeks. Essentially when I paste a URL into iMessage on the Mac, it is Chinese characters. I have to paste into the Chrome address bar first, then copy-paste from there to iMessage.

• sturmadin
    sturmadin Posts: 3 ✭✭

same - unresolved current version 15.15.5

• BaseTV2021
    BaseTV2021 Posts: 1
    edited February 2022

There has been an open ticket [removed per Community Guidelines] with them since Jan 11th 21. Haven't heard back and sent an email asking for an update March 26th 2021.

• Jodie_W
    Jodie_W Posts: 1

Whoa, I'm having the same issue. It's an expensive product, to have a bug such as this left unresolved for so long.

• JohnEDee
    JohnEDee Posts: 4 ✭✭

Having this issue in Feb 2022, but also pasting double-byte Chinese characters even when exchanging clipboard from remote Mac to local Mac. I'm opening a tech support ticket, will post here what happens.

• I have the same issue. Any response from the tech support yet?

• JohnEDee

After some back-and-forth and (useless) uninstalling/reinstalling, they finally said to try the recently-released v15.27 on both Host and Client Macs; I updated to that version on both and it seems to have solved the problem!

This does seems to be a bug that occasionally regresses back into the code for some reason, so we might see it again. 😒

• Siva
    Siva Posts: 6 ✭✭

Issue still persists with v15.31.5

• PedroCastello
    PedroCastello Posts: 2 ✭✭

I have the same problem. Any solution?

• PedroCastello
    PedroCastello Posts: 2 ✭✭

I have the same problem. Any solution?

• Siva
    Siva Posts: 6 ✭✭

Issue still persists in version 15.35.7

• drh27
    drh27 Posts: 4 ✭✭

I started having this issue between Windows and Linux machines around March of 2022 and it still persists intermittently through 15.40.8 with the same version installed on Host and Client.

• Just ran into this on macOS full client 15.48.4 (Sonoma 14.1.1) to Windows 10 (22h2 19045.3693) host 15.47.3 HC (32-bit):

This fixed it for me:

• JohnEDee

Unfortunately the Clipboard synchronization setting toggling (including Apply) didn't work for me. I had posted back in February 2022 that a TV version update fixed it, but the issue returned in a future version.

Just to add more info to this issue, sometimes if you copy something from a remote host, paste it into BBEdit on your local machine, you'll see every character interspersed with a red question mark, representing an unprintable character. If you then use BBEdit's Zap Gremlins feature to see what they are, you'll see that they are "\0x00", which is null. So for some reasons null are being added after every character when copying. I see this issue when copying from a Stickies note.

Other times, if you copy something into BBEdit, it strips the double-byte or whatever it is and you can then re-copy/paste it, avoiding the Chinese character problem. I see this issue when copying and pasting the TV password from the remote TV Status dialog.