I was in a session when the power went out. now host doesn't work.

Options

I was in a session when the power went out at my house. When i returned home my computer is booted, but I can not see the screen or do anything. I have rebooted multiple times. how do I fix this? it is running windows 10

Answers

• Natascha
    Natascha Posts: 1,591 Moderator
    Options

Hi @Ssconner24

Thank you for your post and welcome to our community 😊

Can you please explain your problem a little bit more detailed?

Do you receive any error message?

Looking forward to your response.

All the best,

Natascha 🙋‍♀️

German Community moderator 💙 Moderatorin der deutschsprachigen Community

• Ssconner24
    Ssconner24 Posts: 3 ✭✭
    Options

I don't get any messages. The computer appears to boot, but I can't see my screen on the host anymore. I tried different monitors. it says no connection. Does team viewer turn off the monitor during sessions? is there away to turn it back on if the session is terminated? I suppose the video card could have gone out, but I want to make sure it is not team viewer keeping me from seeing the screen first.

• Natascha
    Options

Thanks for the answer.

Can you please fully uninstall TeamViewer on the Host end and download it again from our homepage?

Please make sure to remove all settings that were made by clicking Remove all settings during the uninstallation.

In addition, I kindly recommend proceeding the steps in this article: How to uninstall TeamViewer on PC

Hope this could help.

Best,

Natascha

• Ssconner24
    Ssconner24 Posts: 3 ✭✭
    Options

i can't do anything on the host computer. I cannot see the screen. It is black and never comes up.

• Natascha
    Options

Hi @Ssconner24

If it's a computer related problem, I kindly ask you to contact your local IT supporter or anyone who could help in this situation.

As soon as you managed to boot the computer again and something is wrong with the Host, we are more than happy to help.

But please understand that we are not able to provide ordinary IT support.

Let me know if there are any further questions. 🍀

All the best,

Natascha