Authentication Rejected

Options
Dean3
Dean3 Posts: 8 ✭✭

Hello all,

I have used the free version of teamviewer with my 97 year old, WWII war veteran, hard of hearing, 3000 miles away, and almost computer illiterate, dad and it stopped allowing me to get at the box where I usually type in the 6 digit code, producing a message of "authentication rejected".

I tried using another computer in my house and had the exact same problem trying to connect with his computer. I had him reboot but it did not help. I cleared my own cache and that didn't help either.

I have used this successfully, perhaps every 3 months for years. Can any one help as to what the problem is? Will TeamViewer lock me or him out after hitting connect unsucsessfully too many times, which i have already done. Could it be his fiewalll settings which he may have accidentally changed?

As I recall, he has only the version where folks can see his screen but not the other way around, in case that matters.

Thanks much for a prompt reply.

Dean

Best Answer

• Dean3
    Answer ✓
    Options

I was able to solve my problem, after all, after some research suggested the command "netsh winsock reset" which, after a reboot, worked! I would imagine this is worth keeping in your database. Thanks!

Answers

• Dean3
    Answer ✓
    Options

I was able to solve my problem, after all, after some research suggested the command "netsh winsock reset" which, after a reboot, worked! I would imagine this is worth keeping in your database. Thanks!

• DavidTeamV
    DavidTeamV Posts: 0
    Options

Hi Dean. I used your useful sounding tip on my PC - but sadly to no avail in my case. Did you do the reset on your own laptop or your dad's?