"Please enter the password that is displayed on your partner's computer." There's no password?

Options

Hello, new to Teamviewer. I have 2 PC's right next to each other. Added both PC's to each other's contact lists. Trying to connect them. On 1 PC it says "Please enter the password that is displayed on your partner's computer."

I'm looking at the 2nd PC. I don't see a password anywhere. Is there somewhere I'm supposed to look?

Comments

• Fiona_G
    Fiona_G Posts: 689 Staff member 🤠
    Options

Hi @mattdawson75,

The random password is shown on the Remote Control tab of your TeamViewer application. This password is meant for spontaneous support sessions.

For more information about passwords of TeamViewer, please refer to

Fiona_G
  • HongPhongLe
    HongPhongLe Posts: 1
    Options

So I have 3 users that need to remote into a WORKPC

User A already assigned themselves as GRANT EASY ACCESS

Now for the WORKPC, I have already added the emails and partner ids into ALLOWLIST (teamviewer / preferences / security / rules for connection to this computer),

and I have disabled the random password, and left the teamviewer password blank.

yet, for user B and C, it still asks them this prompt, and when we leave it blank, it says incorrect password.

Note the WORKPC device does not have any user passwords or log in pc passwords. the whole macbook we disabled any passwords of the sort.

• fbmacdee
    fbmacdee Posts: 3 ✭✭
    Options

Was this ever resolved? I have this problem as well...

• Matteo2025
    Matteo2025 Posts: 1
    Options

I have the same exact problem as well.

I am trying to set up a linux pc so that it can be fully managed remotely and be put in an area normally inaccessible.

I wanted to use LAN as my internet is limited. Furthermore, why be limited by my ISP when I can do it by LAN?

I have disabled everything and set accept or accept exclusively multiples times trying to see whether this issues would have fixed itself but no luck. The message "enter the password that is displayed on your partner's computer" seems like it is mocking you. I mean, what's the point of remote management if you have to look at a password which is shown on the remove device anyway? :)

Please, PLEASE, give us a hint on how to work around this major problem. Thanks

• jmcw1967
    jmcw1967 Posts: 1
    Options

I had this problem, but sorted it by going to the remote computer and granting Easy Access to my Teamviewer account.

I sorted it by going on to the remote computer's Teamviewer software, opening the "Remote Control" section, then ticking the box for Easy Access, which is listed under "Unattended Access", and this granted Easy Access to my Teamviewer account.

The solution worked the same, regardless of whether the Teamviewer account on the remote computer was logged in or not. I just needed to grant Easy Access to my Teamviewer account to be able to access the remote computer without the request for a password being displayed.