Is there a way I can control an older machine running ver 14 from a newer machine running ver 15?

Santa_Jay
Santa_Jay Posts: 1
edited January 2021 in General questions

I am trying to control a computer running Vista and Team viewer 14.2.56677 (which shows as newest version available) with a computer running Windows 10 and version 15.13.6 (Newest version available).

When I try to connect, I get an error saying the Vista machine (14.2.56677) is out of date and cant connect. When I check for updates on the version 14 machine I get "You have the newest version installed"

Is there a way I can control the older machine (ver 14) from the newer machine (ver 15)?

Answers

• Esther
    Esther Posts: 4,052 Former Community Manager

Connections to a version older than TeamViewer 15 are only possible for license-owners.

While we generally recommend all free users to update to the latest version, I can´t recommend this to you as Vista is only supported for TeamViewer 8-14.2. Therefore, if possible, I recommend you to update your OS to a newer version that is compatible with TeamViewer 15 (at least Windows 7) to continue to use TeamViewer on this device:

Thanks and best, Esther

Former Community Manager