Teamviewer Meeting opens Outlook Mail/Invitation in TXT

RWB_St
RWB_St Posts: 11 ✭✭
edited April 2023 in Meeting Forum

Dear all,

I've the problem, that Teamviewer Meeting is opening the Email / invitation in TXT format, leading to the problem, that the Meeting link is not working at the recipient. (Plain text instead of hyperlink)

Who can help? Thanks

Answers

• Esther
    Esther Posts: 4,052 Former Community Manager

Hmm - that´s interesting, especially as the other two links are displayed correctly.

I tested it myself and when opening up the invitation in outlook all links are shown correctly.

Does this happen only for this meeting or for others too?

Former Community Manager

• RWB_St

That happens at all invitations... :-(

• Esther

What version of TeamViewer Meeting do you have at the moment?

You can check it here: Settings --> About TeamViewer Meeting

Former Community Manager

• RWB_St
    edited January 2021

Here you are, and thanks for caring :-)

(Should be the latest version)

• Esther

Yes - I have the same version. I need to check with the meeting team - I will get back to you!

Former Community Manager

• Esther
    edited January 2021

Ok - back already: Can you check in your Outlook under File --> Options --> Mail what is being set under Compose messages in this format?

Mine is set to HTML and I get the proper links from TeamViewer Meeting:

Former Community Manager

• VoHammel
    VoHammel Posts: 4 ✭✭

I have the same problem, that @RWB_St described.

Checkedmy MS-Outlook settings. It's like in the post of @Esther .

Everything was fine in the past, since we updated to 15.13.6 this is the second problem with meeting.

The "funny" thing - if I start a meeting, add members with this button

and open the mail to invite outlook opens the mail in html and a proper link is displayed

• Esther

Hi @VoHammel Thanks for joining us!

Just to confirm:

• When opening the invitation from the Scheduler, the invitation link is displayed in HTML instead of a hyperlink,
    • your Outlook setting is "HTML" and
    • when inviting someone from within the meeting via email, the link is displayed correctly.

Did I understand you correctly?

I think it would be good to have some others testing it too. I encourage everyone to test this, also when using other email programs. As I know that @JeanK , @Natascha @Yuri_T are using Outlook, can you check this scenario too?

Former Community Manager

• Natascha
    Natascha Posts: 1,591 Moderator

Hi there,

Thank you @Esther for the shout-out 😉

Just tested it and I'm sorry to tell, but changing the options in Outlook under File --> Options --> Mail what is being set under Compose messages in this format didn't make any change to the formatting of the meeting invitation.

Maybe the others could report something else?!

Hope we can solve this anyhow 🙏🏼

Wish you all a great day.

All the best,

Natascha 🙋‍♀️

German Community moderator 💙 Moderatorin der deutschsprachigen Community

• JeanK
    JeanK Posts: 6,985 Community Manager 🌍

Hi everybody,

I couldn't reproduce the issue. The link are displayed correctly no matter which Formatting setting I choose in the Outlook options.

Community Manager

• Esther

Hi again! Thanks for your help Natascha and Jean 🙌

I now also changed the settings in Outlook to RICH and checked again and I can confirm, that this also results in a correct link in the email. I will get back to the Meeting team asking for an idea.

Former Community Manager

• JeanK
    edited January 2021

I might have found a setting that leads to insert plain text instead of hyperlinks.

Maybe you could give it a try and make sure this setting is not set up within your Outlook options:

1) Click Home > New Email to create a new email.

2) In the opening Message window, please click File Options.

3) In the Outlook Options dialog box, please click Mail in the left bar, and then click the Editor Options button in the Compose messages section. See screenshot:

4) Now you get into the Editor Options dialog box. Please click Advanced in the left bar, and make sure the Show field codes instead of their values option in the Display e-mail content section is unchecked; and then (3) select Never from the Field shading drop down list.

Community Manager

• RWB_St

Hi everybody and thanks for your support!!!!

Jean: I seem to have a different Outlook Version, therefore the menue looks different:

Flied Shading is not exitstent :-)

So, what's next....?

• JeanK

Hello @RWB_St,

You need firstly to open a new E-mail and from there you need to access the options. Then will get the same as I see.

If you go straight to the options, without opening a new e-mail, you won't see it.

Community Manager

• BTB_HSM
    BTB_HSM Posts: 3 ✭✭

Having the same issue. All the settings are correct as stated above. However, when creating the new invite, the text format is being selected as Plain Text. Does anyone know a way to change the default setting to HTML? Even if I manually change it to HTML, the prefilled information stays the same.

• RWB_St

Hi BTB,

by deleteing "<a href=" and "0>Join>/a.." and pressing enter at the end of the line, the text change to LINK, if you have selected HTML.

That's my current "work-around".

Not comfortabel, but working.

Regards, Stefan

• BTB_HSM

RWB,

Yes, that is what we have been doing as well.

The only problem with that is having to tell all of the "non-technical" people how to do that correctly every time they use it.

Thanks.

• VoHammel
    VoHammel Posts: 4 ✭✭

I have exactly the same situation than@BTB_HSM posted

It seems that the parameter "@@URL:MID@@" which teamviewer uses to generate the mail/the invite is broken.

Every other parameter works propper.

@RWB_St how many letters must be deleted to get the right link? I checked meeting invittations from last year. The link in these old mails ended with the meeting-ID. For the example above means this you have to delete the "<a href=", the "?" and all letters right of the "?". This is also the structure in the test text that can be displayed in TeamViewer Options.

Since TeamViewer 15.13.6 the only thing that works as expected is "TeamViewer Remote Access & Support".

• BTB_HSM

IF you edit the string as follows, it works correctly...

Remove everything highlighted:

• JeanK

Hello @BTB_HSM, @VoHammel and @RWB_St,

Our development team is aware of the issue and is currently working on a fix.

The fix should be deployed in the next update, so need sure to keep your software up-to-date 😊

Community Manager