Synology authentification rejected

Niwan
Niwan Posts: 4 ✭✭
edited April 2023 in IoT Forum

Hi,

I'm trying to connect from several and different computers to my Teamviewer Synology IOT client but each time i got same message "Authentification rejected".

I try from my desktop and Adnroid on the same network and at my office from another laptop and my Android : same issue.

I was able to add synology client into my account without any problem and appear as ready to connect.

Any idea or solution ?

Need to NAT some ports/IP ?

kind regards,

Niwan

Answers

• mircea_c
    mircea_c Posts: 146 Staff member 🤠
    edited January 2021

Hi @Niwan

From you message could be that your device is only added to you "Computer and Contacts list"

Can you have a look here how to assign?

For now, you can connect only from TeamViewer running on Windows.

MacOS, Linux or mobile devices are not supported

Regards,

Mircea

Tech Support IoT

• Niwan

Hi @mircea_c ,

Thanks for your attention and time.

I'm a little bit confused because TeamViewer ID from my Synology was added to my account and appear available but connexion refused from Android (ok thanks for your feedback) but same from my Windows client.

Where i'm confused is because each time i launch TeamViewer client on my Synology, the Wizard was launched (but i keep same ID/password).

Is it normal ? I guess not but i'm not sure.

Kind regards,

Niwan

• mircea_c

Hi @Niwan

Thank you for your reply.

If the wizard appears again and it is showing the ID and the Password the assignment was not done and that is why you cannot connect to the device. Have you open the link from the previous message? Once the device is assigned, your name will appear on the TeamViewer running on the Synology.

The assignment is a 2 step process. First is adding in your “Computers and Contacts List” and after do the assignment by entering the password from the device’s setting menu in TeamViewer Application running on your PC.

Regards

Tech Support IoT

• Niwan

Hi @mircea_c ,

I think you found where i missed something.

I added my Synology in my computers group but i didn't assigned it : i added password from properties window but not from Assign menu.

I checked out this possibility from my account but no "Assign to account..." item in my menu.

I will redo the full operations tonight and come back for a feedback.

Thanks for your help.

Kind regards,

Niwan

• Niwan

Hi,

I tried to do what you said but i don't have same options.

this is the actions i do to add my DS1621 to my TeamViewer account (from my Teamviewer PC app) :

First, i add the computer

then, i enter ID and password (or not, issue is the same)

After that, DS1621 was added (and appear online) but not the same as you for contextual menu

If i'm trying to connect (with or without password and password never asked) :

For me, it's look like the Synology licence witch is not activated from Synology or Teamviewer on my DS1621.

It's very weird.

Only this device refuse to work on my account.

Any logs somewhere ?

Kind regards,

Niwan

• mircea_c

@Niwan

I opened a support case for your issue.

My colleagues will get in touch with you.

Regards,

Tech Support IoT

• maczek
    maczek Posts: 0

Dears,

I have a same problem on my DS-720+. No matter how hard I try, I'm unable to connect to Synology. I'm using Windows 10 client, after entering ID and password on client I see below message:

I observe this issue since I started to use DS720+, a few months ago. I use free license, but as far as I know free license gives an access for two such devices as Synology.

Should I consider something more? Please be so kind and advise...

Greetings,

Maciej

• mircea_c
    edited April 2021

@maczek k

First can you check if you assigned the device to your Account?

After you added in you “Computer and Contacts” list open Teamviewer app on your pc, click once on the device and select from the top left “Wheel Menu” the “Assign to account” option. ( I added a print screen were is the wheel menu)

Then you need to enter the password of the device.

Regards,

Mircea

Tech Support IoT

• maczek
    maczek Posts: 0

Hi Mircea,

In my client there's no visible "Assign to account", only Properties and Delete.

On Synology itself I see no option to log into TV account. If I choose "Already have an account" it guides me further to enter ID and password on TV client, then it appears on the client, but no way to login because of "Authentication rejected" message. I'm wondering if it is not related to some licenses. It is written that "Additional information about TV benefits and licensing for Synology devices can be found here", where "here" is the link to https://www.teamviewer.com/en/integrations/synology/

No ideas what's going on.

Kind regards,

Maciej

• StarsAndBars
    StarsAndBars Posts: 1

I am having the exact same issue. Can you please open a ticket with support for me as well? I have logs from the Synology I can share as well, if needed. Thank you, please advise.

• afdent
    afdent Posts: 1

I have the same problem above: "Connection refused"

I've assigned my Ds216j NAS to my account as described using assignand i'm able to locate it from w10pc, but if I launch tv from NAS, loops through "assignment window" never go to "password window".

Suggestions are uneffective to solve the problem.

• mircea_c

Hi @afdent

Could you tell us which version on TeamViewer is running on your device and the version of DSM running on the NAS?

If you are in the same network with your NAS please try to add it to your account by using “Nearby contacts and devices. First delete the device from you “Computer and Contacts List”  . The "how to guide " is here.

You can also try to reinstall the Agent on the NAS and clear the temp and cache files of your browser.

Regards,

Mircea

Tech Support IoT

• mmiesz
    mmiesz Posts: 3 ✭✭

Unfortunatelly I have to join group of Synology users with TV login password not working.

Today upgraded TV. Happy because last few months TV on my sonology was dead ( blank welcome screen) and TV support was unable to solve this problem. Today after new version installation I could process initial setup procedure but ..... password refused. So few steps further but TV still is dead and useless.

• mircea_c

Hi @mmiesz

You are trying to connect from a macOS/mobile devices or Linux to the Synology? These connections are not supported yet.

You are trying to connect directly by ID and password? The device needs to be assigned to your account in order to connect. Does not support direct connection via ID and password. You need to add the device in you "Computers and Contacts list" and then on the device's wheel menu select "Assign to account.."

Regards,

Mircea

Tech Support IoT

• mmiesz
    mmiesz Posts: 3 ✭✭

Hi Mircea

Thx for quick answer. I'm trying to login form Win10, TV already assigned ( at least TV display such information on its screen on Synology). I assigned it by logging to TV management console. I don't know why but I don't have "Assign to account " under gear in my TV.

In TV log files on my Synology I can find lines with errors:

2021/12/09 13:08:48.940 22775 139911017514752   BuddyLoginToken 1, SupporterDataRequest 1

2021/12/09 13:08:48.977 22775 139911017514752   CLoginServer::CheckIfConnectionIsAllowed()

2021/12/09 13:08:48.977 22775 139911017514752 !! GetInt failed for AccessControl\Meeting_AC_Custom_HostAMeetingAccess, Errorcode=2

2021/12/09 13:08:48.977 22775 139911017514752   LoginServer::HandleBlockConditionsResponse: using condition set: {}

2021/12/09 13:08:48.977 22775 139911017514752   CLoginServer::AuthenticateServer()

2021/12/09 13:08:49.030 22775 139911017514752 ! AuthenticationSelectType_Passive::NextStep: no authentication method factory registered for authentication type (1)

2021/12/09 13:08:49.030 22775 139911017514752   CLoginServer::RunMainAuthenticationLoop: authentication failed

2021/12/09 13:08:49.030 22775 139911017514752   CLoginServer::runServer: AuthenticateServer failed, result=1

• Jasper_P_99
    Jasper_P_99 Posts: 1
    edited May 2022

Dear all,

I think you are doing it wrong.

Step 1: Add the NAS to your TV account as usual. Just put the ID/Pass and the name.

Step 2: Select your device and when selected click the gear icon: (Dont rightclick your device that wont work!!!!!!!) Select device and then move to the gear icon.

Make sure your tv version is 15.30.3

Thank me later and @mircea_c who was right all the time :)

• Hello all.

I am TeamViewer Business license user since a lot of years and have a lot experience with TV in different networks.

But in fact - with the actual TV Client and a actual DSM on my customers Synology NAS and with using your mentioned steps I am unable to establish a connection to the NAS. Password failure.

I checked the password 10.000 times :D

Any more ideas?

• Alberhasky
    Alberhasky Posts: 1

You are completely correct, I had also added the device but was also right clicking the device instead of clicking on the gear icon that appears on the right, that is where you find the "assign to account" option indeed, thanks a lot for your help!!

• AnaHoua
    AnaHoua Posts: 1

Hi all;

Had the same issue on QNAP TS-653A.

-Installed TV from QNAP Store.

-Unable to connect : ""a connection could not be established""

TV logs on the NAS shows the client/server handshake is OK , than :

AuthenticationSelectType_Passive::NextStep: no authentication method factory registered for authentication type (1)

CLoginServer::RunMainAuthenticationLoop: authentication failed

CLoginServer::runServer: AuthenticateServer failed, result=1

Had to remove assignement and delete the device from my TV account, and follow @Jasper_P_99 recommandation (step by step 😆). Everything is working NOW

Big thanks.

Regrads.

• zeyes
    zeyes Posts: 1

I think I found the main issue. The new TeamViewer GUI interface does not have the "Assign Account" option. Switch to the old one then follow the instructions.

The TeamViewer development team should be notified. I've been trying to add my NAS TV and thought the app was just outdated in the NAS, but it's PC GUI that's missing the option in the new interface.