Can I remove ALL references to TeamViewer from the registry?

Options

I'm trying to resolve an issue with TeamViewer... see Question: https://community.teamviewer.com/English/discussion/110397/why-does-teamviewer-think-im-with-hewlett-packard-company#latest

I've deleted my TeamViewer account and uninstalled. I notice that there are still numerous entries for TeamViewer in the Windows 10 registry. Does TeamViewer have any 'clean-up' utility? If I had too, can I manually delete ALL references/entries to TeamViewer in the registry?

You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make 'em think...

Answers

• moot4hn
    moot4hn Posts: 6 ✭✭
    edited January 2021
    Options

I've been using TV (free) for my home computers for a while without issue. Suddenly one of my computers (in the garage) came up with a message that I was '... using TeamViewer Commercially ...'?

I'm over 72 and have been retired for a while... I don't have, nor ever had, any relationship with HP!

I notice that the title bar of the main window said... 'myname - Hewlett-Packard Company'... my other computers say just 'myname', which I guess is taken from my windows account info?

I did a clean uninstall. After downloading the new free version and installing... I noticed on the title bar of the window... it said... 'myname - Hewlett-Packard Company'... where the heck does that come from.

The only thing I can remember that was different on the garage computer is that it was the one I used to make a free Management Account on TeamViewer.

• Yusuif
    Yusuif Posts: 5 ✭✭
    Options

if you have os system that is installed by business administration, then you need to backup your file and install home OS system for nonprofit organization , otherwise Teamviewer application are equipped with tools to detect business OS system

• moot4hn
    moot4hn Posts: 6 ✭✭
    Options

Yusuif wrote: '... if you have os system that is installed by business administration, then you need to backup your file and install home OS system for nonprofit organization ...'

I purchased this system, HP Pavilion 23 AIO, from a Stalples store that was closing. It was a display model, Windows 8 (first ver). Since then I updated the OS myself, going up to Win8.##, then Win10.

Edition:  Windows 10 Home

Version:   20H2

Installed on:   ‎6/‎17/‎2020

OS build:   19042.746

Experience   Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.551.0

Yusuif wrote: '...otherwise Teamviewer application are equipped with tools to detect business OS system...'

If that is the case then the application is NOT Detecting correctly... Does any one from TeamViewer have an answer to this issue?

• JeanK
    JeanK Posts: 6,989 Community Manager 🌍
    Options

@moot4hn you will find how to delete all TeamViewer entries in the registry in this article:

Community Manager