Mac Connections

Options

My wife using TeamViewer on her Mac using Big Sur 11.1 can connect and control my Mac on High Sierra 10.13.3 with no problems.

When I try to connect to her Mac, my status goes from 'Real to Connect (Secure Connection)' to 'Connecting to Partner' and hangs on 'Connecting'. It never connects to her Mac.

Any suggestions? Is there something I can look at to ensure it is set up correctly?

Is my macOS too old to connect but good for being connected to?

Best Answer

• texasvwnut
    texasvwnut Posts: 4 ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

OK, one last update. I fixed this issue by uninstalling the TeamViewer software from my wife's MacBook and reinstalling it and all is well.

Answers

• texasvwnut
    Options

BTW, just to add, my Mac can not be upgraded past High Sierra.

• texasvwnut
    Options

OK, this has taken a different direction. I added TeamViewer to my MacBook Pro running Big Sur and I am successful in connecting to and from the High Sierra Mac, so the issue is with my wife's MacBook running Big Sur.

I can send her a successful Meeting Request but any request to Remote Control her computer is just ignored. Nothing happens on her end or mine from either my Macbook Pro or my iMac.

Any place to see why her Mac is ignoring any request to Remote Control?

• texasvwnut
    Answer ✓
    Options

OK, one last update. I fixed this issue by uninstalling the TeamViewer software from my wife's MacBook and reinstalling it and all is well.