Assigned server does not receive incoming connections

Options
TikTaks
TikTaks Posts: 1

Hello everyone,

I've been using Teamviewer for quite a while on Ubuntu 16/18/20LTS as Remote Desktop server.

However since a fresh install on my new disk, I haven't been able to connect with my assigned computer. Connection via ID and password works perfectly however I need to be connected via another source to see this password, which defeats its purpose. When trying to connect, the logs do not add new incoming connections.

A couple of things that caught my attention:

The fact that it does not recognise itself as "(this computer)", while it does recognise it's own ID as "(this computer)". This is the same device.

After every reboot of something even after some time, the server has been logged off from the account.

Even if the device has been unassigned to my account (on the server) I can still see its status (active/offline).

I have tried reinstalling several times.

After purging and reinstalling, the device is recognised, and my email address is filled in, so possibly some file remain, which would mean my new installs are not completely new.

My Ubuntu 20.04 LTS is up to date and my v15 install is the stable, with most recent install following this guide: https://linoxide.com/linux-how-to/install-teamviewer-on-ubuntu-20-04/

I hope someone can help me troubleshoot :)

Thanks in advance