Update loop in WinXP TeamViewer 14.2

Options

Hello.

I am facing the following problem with my Teamviewer installation. My operating system is Windows XP and I have a free licence of Teamviewer and trying to communicate with a friend who had a newer version of the program in Windows 10 enviroment (actually my friend tried to connect with me), the Teamviewer application informed us that I needed an update.

Then I updated Teamviewer to the latest version via “Help àCheck for a new version”    but the problem of no connection, remains the same (my friend sees a message like “the remote TeamViewer is running an older version of the program …..”). My last TeamViewer  version for XP is 14.2

Also I tried to reverse the communication arrow, trying to connect to my friend’s pc but the application message was something like: “you have to update etc …” but I returned to a loop as the next application message was something like: “you have the latest version..”

Then I followed the steps described here: https://community.teamviewer.com/English/kb/articles/16835-how-to-uninstall-teamviewer-on-pc i reinstalled the program from a download from your site but the problem remains the same.

Then I tried to uninstall my Teamviewer installation with Total uninstall for XP and IObit for XP (I also checked for the registry keys that described in the post above) but nothing changed.

I figured out that in every reinstallation my ID in the Teamviewer application remains the same. Propably there are left some traces in the registry but the point is that  I do have the latest TeamViewer  version for XP (14.2 ) and I cannot connect to anyone.

Thank you.

Answers