Nikolaos14
Nikolaos14 Posts: 1
edited March 2021 in General questions

connection not established authentication cancelled

Answers

• JeanK
    JeanK Posts: 6,985 Community Manager 🌍

Hello @Nikolaos14,

I recommend you to first restart the TeamViewer service on your computer.

If this does not solve the issue, you will need to restart the TeamViewer service on the remote computer as well.

We explain how to proceed right here:

Community Manager

• AbhishekGoundar
    AbhishekGoundar Posts: 1

i tried restart of service, did not resolve my issue.

• JeanK
    JeanK Posts: 6,985 Community Manager 🌍

What exactly is your issue @AbhishekGoundar ?

Could you provide us with more details?

Community Manager

• arabmadani1418
    arabmadani1418 Posts: 1

I am having the same issue

• flsporthorse
    flsporthorse Posts: 2 ✭✭

I am having this issue also. I have unattended access set up, but am unable to connect with either my iPhone or another computer. It just sits at Authenticating on the computer until it times out. Same with the iPhone. All versions up to date, even tried reinstalling TeamViewer on the PC I am attempting to connect to.

• Rupchand
    Rupchand Posts: 1

Hello Support Team,

I am facing same issue while connecting TV. whereas same version at both end.

• MRMA
    MRMA Posts: 1

I have the same issue.

• Hi! Newbie here.

I'm logged in to my account. I just connected to my PC that I wanted to access remotely but I can not find it on my screen. lol!

• roycruse
    roycruse Posts: 2 ✭✭

This has happened to me ove rthe last few days or a week or so after some windows updates inc some optional driver updates (but not necessarily related to them).... on some but not all my remote PCs/Laptops

Teamviewer cant help as they just say i need to get log files from the remote computer (that i cant access)

Ive got a couple of the erroring computers back into the office and it works fine as soon as i log in ????? with no changes other than its on the same local subnet rather than being in the field.

so i cant get log files from the remote laptops as i cant access them and i cant replicate the issue in the office :/

• roycruse
    roycruse Posts: 2 ✭✭
    edited July 2022

some extra info - if the remote users try to open the teamviewer interface - nothing shows however the service is running as the computer is showing as online at my end

• AdamThomas_Euros
    AdamThomas_Euros Posts: 1
    edited July 2022

This has started happening to me in the last 3 - 4 weeks. PC's which I used to be able to login to without issue, now show on my console. But when I try to connect they time out.

However if I ask the end user to log out or switch user, then once the PC is at the Windows login prompt I can TV remote access.

If I then login as local admin I keep the TV access to the machine, so I have checked that it is on the latest build of Teamviewer allowed under our PaidLicence. Currently build 15.31.5

As soon as I log out the admin account and the end user logs back in, my TV session drops, despite the PC still showing as being online in my console. The end users cannot view the TV icon in their taskbar or start TeamViewer either, even if they browse to TeamViewer.exe file location on the C drive?

One thing I have also noticed is this is primarily happening when I am attempting to access end clients via TV over the internet, rather than over our WAN or LAN? But even with an established VPN connection to our WAN this is happening?

• GMSMRM_IT
    GMSMRM_IT Posts: 1

I have had this same issue on and off for months. It is very annoying. I am about to cancel my subscription with Teamviewer because they cannot get it resolved.