"Administrator Verification required" starting Teamviwer host on AntiX

Options
NetCab
NetCab Posts: 1

Hi

This is the first time I'm getting this message.

I already installed with success Teamviewer Host on other linux OS, but on AntiX, after a regular installation and when it popups asking the account to join (I already added it as trusted device), the panel display a red message saying "Administrator verification required", and the account assignment cannot proceed.

I have the last AintX version installed and I installed the GDebi Package, as well.

OS version installed 4.9.235-antix.1-amd64-smp

Comments

• AdrianStephens62
    Options

Also having this problem. Kubuntu 21.10.

• zoolkhan
    zoolkhan Posts: 1
    edited February 2022
    Options

same here with blabla-host_15.26.4_armhf.deb

on rasperry pi

---

judging from the date of your posts, and the lack of a proper feedback mechanic to teamviewer devs

i dont think linux is high on their list

I would have at least one tech check the "community" once in a while, that would instill me with more conficende.

Until then, back to **bleep** **Third Party Product**.

• mjrou
    mjrou Posts: 1
    Options

Hi,

Same message on a debian.

Solved bye starting a teamviewer as root. From there you can grant easy access withou any message.

steps :

• stop current teamviewer
    • sudo /opt/teamviewer/tv_bin/TeamViewer --allowRoot
    • then grant access as usual
    • stop root teamviewer
    • start teamviewer with your usual account , access is still granted !

hope it help

• doohoyi
    doohoyi Posts: 1
    edited January 2023
    Options

I have solved the problem by installing additional packages (@ debian sid - xfce4)

sudo apt install libpolkit-qt5-1-1

sudo apt install policykit-1-gnome

and rebooted, then instead of the error there was a popup for authentication.

The root of the problem is that teamviewer cannot display the root password input window when the package that allows polkit to request authentication with the gui is missing. I don't know exactly which of those two packages (or both?) I need, but rebooting after installing them fixed the problem.

Also the exact package name may vary according to your distribution, just try to find that looks similar. "libpolkit-qt5*" etc...

• HollanderParts
    Options

After installing TeamViewer, I was not getting an ID or password from TeamViewer. I followed this suggestion and was able to get an ID and password. However, I am unable to connect from my physical machine's console. I am running 32 bit antiX Linux in a VirtualBox VM. I can connect from my VM to my physical machine, but not the other way. I must be missing some other security step. Can anyone help?

• alexsciences
    alexsciences Posts: 1
    Options

The installation of these libraries solved this issue for me