Teamviewer Service Won't Start

Options

Hi

Not sure if in the right place, but Teamviewer service has stopped working on Windows 10 PC and won't restart.

I've tried to start the service manually in Services but to no avail. Have also tried to uninstall and reinstall

Can anyone help?

Thanks

Answers

• JeanK
    JeanK Posts: 6,987 Community Manager 🌍
    Options

Hello @scoutkvm,

Have you tried to tick the "Start with system" box and see if it changes anything?

Community Manager

• ShawnChan86
    ShawnChan86 Posts: 3 ✭✭
    Options

Hi,

Got the same issue here. check the "Start Teamviewer with windows" but it keep give the error message when start the services.

• JeanK
    Options

Could you please share a screenshot of the error message?

Community Manager

• ShawnChan86
    Options

Hi Jeank,

Here's the screenshot. update to the latest version today but still cant get it start. :)

• JeanK
    Options

In this case, you could try a full uninstallation of the software by deleting the registry entries:

and reinstall TeamViewer via our website:

Community Manager

• ShawnChan86
    edited August 2021
    Options

Hi Jeank,

Thanks for the info. But when i try to reinstall the Teamviewer i get the following error. After i click "Ok" and "Finish" teamviewer still cannot use at all. :(

But if i downgrade it to this version its working perfectly fine. i have not issue at all.

Hope you can help me. Thanks. :)

• JeanK
    Options

This would be a case for our engineers as the issue requires a deeper analysis.

I recommend opening a ticket and attaching the logs to the ticket.

I hope our engineers will find the solution to the issue! 🍀

Community Manager

• Alex_97
    Alex_97 Posts: 1
    Options

i created an account to type this as a solution.

i was having the exact same problem with 64 bit version. team viewer suddenly stopped working. nothing happens when i click. not even appearing at taskmgr. i noticed the service wasnt starting even when i try it by hand, and when i tried to reinstall i totally lost the service from services.msc. i tried removing completely from both DIR and REG but no luck. setup was giving me that "service could not be started" error.

then i tried to install 32bit version and saw its workin. i dont know whats the issue but 32bit version can install and start service and work as it always works.

• JeanK
    Options

Hello @Alex_97,

Thanks a lot for sharing your solution! 💙

@ShawnChan86 could you please try if the provided solution also works for you?

Community Manager