Remote control Smart TV

neljohann
neljohann Posts: 5 ✭✭
edited April 2021 in General questions

Hello everyone, can someone assist me with this please? I need to help my 86 year-old mother to use a new smart television that we bought for her. I only need to control the television at times when she pressed something wrong and got stuck. Thankfully I am able to help her in this way with her smart Samsung cellphone, but I do not know how to do it with her smart Android television (Skyworth 32BT7000). Can someone please help?

Answers

• JeanK
    JeanK Posts: 6,984 Community Manager 🌍

Hello @neljohann,

You need to search for Android Host in the Smart TV store.

If it is available, you will be able to use it and to connect to it to remote control the TV.

Community Manager

• neljohann
    neljohann Posts: 5 ✭✭
    edited April 2021

Thank you JeanK, this is what is so frustrating to me, the TeamViewer app available in the store does not allow me to remote control but only to observe (Host version) and the **third party content** app also is not available (as well as Chrome can you believe it, on a Android TV platform none the less) in the store of the smart TV so I need to revert to loading suitable APKs onto the TV. Will this app that you refer to be available do you think or should I also go the APK route?