Grant easy access - please help.

Doug123x
Doug123x Posts: 3 ✭✭

Hi -

I have a 102 year old grandfather that I cannot see physically because of Covid who I am desperately trying to set up under the "Grant easy access" functionality so I can connect to his computer and periodically help him via Team viewer. He is having a very hard time reading me the password these days as his eye sight isn't the best.

Is there a tutorial available on setting "Grant easy access" up correctly?

Earlier today I did the following:

1. Created accounts for both himself & I.
  2. Granted easy access from his version of Teamviewer.

Despite doing this I was prompted for a password when I attempted to log on, later in the day. I later found a post that said I need to disable the random password from his settings, so I did this, but it is very difficult to test these settings with him and I'd like to set it up correctly once. He often get's lost and can't find the team viewer icon, which makes just getting connected a real challenge. I did add him to my contacts in the Team viewer management console, but I'm completely lost. 😱😱😱😱

We are currently using the free version of Team viewer, but will gladly pay if it means getting this working. We are both using version 15.7.7 on a windows environment.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Comments

• Esther
    Esther Posts: 4,052 Former Community Manager

Hi Doug,

Welcome to our Community!

Did you already see our Knowledge Hub article for the setup? I am copy-pasting the "How to" part into my reply:

If the device (your grandpa´s computer) is already assigned to your TeamViewer account: Click on your grandpa´s computer Extras --> Options --> Security --> under Unattended access activate the checkbox Grant easy access --> click OK

If the device is not yet assigned to your TeamViewer account: Click Extras --> Options --> Security --> click the Configure... button --> The Assign to account dialog box will open --> Click the Assign button --> Under Unattended access activate the Grant easy access checkbox --> click OK.

You have activated easy access for this device.

📌Note: You must activate this function individually for each computer.

Using easy access is available in the freemium version too.

Hope that helps,

Esther

Former Community Manager

• Doug123x

Hi Esther,

Thank you for the warm welcome & your response. No, I had not seen the article and have since read it. Do you have a working link for the video in the article? It appears to link to a .jpg file. Having the video would be helpful.

I now understand how this should work, but am having the following problem:

How can I configure a new account (mine) for access to my grandfather's computer? I mistakenly assigned his own account to himself and The “Configure” button (shown in your red box above) has disappeared and I only have the option to turn off his granted access. I did try this and then re-entered the dialog in the hopes that the configure button would appear, but it did not. Reinstall Team Viewer?

Thank you.

• Esther
    Esther Posts: 4,052 Former Community Manager

Yes - assigning this device to your account is correct as the first step. For this, you need to switch to the General tab and remove your grandfathers account and add your own account.

The second is to configure Easy Access- This is easily done by ticking the box

Former Community Manager

• Doug123x

Thank you Esther. I think this is really great functionality.

Am I correct in thinking that my grandpa (or the computer being connected to) will always need to click "Allow" when the host attempts to connect? (there is a message that is displayed)