iOS App in background timeout

Options
garrro01
garrro01 Posts: 1

Is there a way to prevent the app from timing out if I switch to a different app?

I have looked in settings and do not see anything I can change.

I am using the app to be able to control my laptop for a powerpoint presentation but need to look at a web page on my phone at the same time.

Answers

• JeanK
    JeanK Posts: 6,989 Community Manager 🌍
    Options

Hello @garrro01,

The timeout is due to an iOS restriction.

There is currently nothing we can do to prevent this from happening.

Community Manager

• t_peacock
    t_peacock Posts: 1
    Options

I'm now having the opposite issue. I used Team Viewer for iOS to remotely control my home computer. I'm so used to it automatically timing out and locking my computer that I don't usually close the connection manually from the iOS app. When I got home over an hour later, my computer was still in an active session, unlocked, and with full access to everything.

The only options I see for timing out are on the computer side of things and it is set to the lowest setting @ 30 mins. I don't see any options on the iOS side.

I would prefer for it to automatically timeout and lock my computer after a couple minutes of inactivity - But I can't figure out if that's even possible or why after 30 mins of inactivity it wouldn't have disconnected the session on the computer client (as that was what it was set to)?

If all else, for security, I would like it to return to the previous behavior of timing out as soon as you leave the TeamViewer iOS app.