In-Product marketing Messages greyed out

Options
KPeter
KPeter Posts: 2 ✭✭
edited May 2021 in General questions

Seeing a lot of annoyed users getting marketing messages on a paid version of software, I am also annoyed but now it does not even allow me to disable that option. Why would I be restricted on a corporate account???

Tagged:

Best Answers

• JeanK
    JeanK Posts: 6,987 Community Manager 🌍
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hello @KPeter,

This can happen if you log out of your corporate account.

Could you please make sure you are logged in?

Community Manager

• Nadin_W
    Nadin_W Posts: 650 Moderator
    edited September 2023 Answer ✓
    Options

Hello together,

Thank you for your posts.

If you are not interested in receiving in-product marketing messages, TeamViewer offers a self-opt-out for licensed TeamViewer customers on Windows and macOS devices. For Windows, the setting is available in TeamViewer 15.8 or higher, and for macOS, it is available in TeamViewer 15.10 or higher.

⚠ Please know that in-product messages like EULA updates will still be received.

To disable in-product marketing messages, please make sure that you are logged in with your licensed TeamViewer account and follow the instructions below:

For TeamViewer Classic:

In case you are using the TeamViewer Classic interface, please follow the instructions of my colleague @JeanK from above:

For TeamViewer Remote:

If you are using the TeamViewer Remote interface, please follow the instructions below:

1. Click on your profile avatar in the upper-right corner.
    2. Click on Edit profile.
    3. Scroll down and click the toggle under Show in-product marketing messages (gray = deactivated).

I hope you'll find this helpful. If there are open questions, please let us know.

Have a great day!

Nadin

German Community moderator 🖤 Moderatorin der deutschsprachigen Community

Answers

• JeanK
    JeanK Posts: 6,987 Community Manager 🌍
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hello @KPeter,

This can happen if you log out of your corporate account.

Could you please make sure you are logged in?

Community Manager

• KPeter
    KPeter Posts: 2 ✭✭
    Options

I ended up removing the Teamviewer and reinstalling, which worked for me. Thanx

• Yamitanny
    Yamitanny Posts: 3
    Options

Oh, it is so annoying

• Mettysander
    Mettysander Posts: 1
    edited September 2023
    Options

I feel your frustration! Getting marketing messages on a paid corporate account is definitely not cool.

• Nadin_W
    Nadin_W Posts: 650 Moderator
    edited September 2023 Answer ✓
    Options

Hello together,

Thank you for your posts.

If you are not interested in receiving in-product marketing messages, TeamViewer offers a self-opt-out for licensed TeamViewer customers on Windows and macOS devices. For Windows, the setting is available in TeamViewer 15.8 or higher, and for macOS, it is available in TeamViewer 15.10 or higher.

⚠ Please know that in-product messages like EULA updates will still be received.

To disable in-product marketing messages, please make sure that you are logged in with your licensed TeamViewer account and follow the instructions below:

For TeamViewer Classic:

In case you are using the TeamViewer Classic interface, please follow the instructions of my colleague @JeanK from above:

For TeamViewer Remote:

If you are using the TeamViewer Remote interface, please follow the instructions below:

1. Click on your profile avatar in the upper-right corner.
    2. Click on Edit profile.
    3. Scroll down and click the toggle under Show in-product marketing messages (gray = deactivated).

I hope you'll find this helpful. If there are open questions, please let us know.

Have a great day!

Nadin

German Community moderator 🖤 Moderatorin der deutschsprachigen Community

• kookykrazee
    kookykrazee Posts: 2
    Options

Mine is checked and greyed out. How do I fix this? The popup is extremely annoying every single time I open the program.