Unable to Activate Monitoring and Asset Management Add it kept prompting for password.

Options

Hi,

I was kept prompted for a password whenever I activating Monitoring and Asset Management for online users.

I clicked on Computer & Contacts>select the computer and click on Activate button.

I installed using Teamviewer__Host _setup utilities on the remote computer. Kindly advise why it does not accet the password I keyed.

Best Answer

• CCASSETTY
    CCASSETTY Posts: 1
    Answer ✓
    Options

This has been happening to me for a long time, and I believe the issue is leftover code from a previously installed version. In all of my cases where this has happened, an older version with a free account ID was installed, and I installed our new, licensed client on top of it. If I uninstall everything first - including removing settings, when it prompts - then the new install seems to work correctly.

In cases where this has happened, I can still do a full uninstall and remove settings, and then when I reinstall, the problem is gone.

Answers

• CCASSETTY
    CCASSETTY Posts: 1
    Answer ✓
    Options

This has been happening to me for a long time, and I believe the issue is leftover code from a previously installed version. In all of my cases where this has happened, an older version with a free account ID was installed, and I installed our new, licensed client on top of it. If I uninstall everything first - including removing settings, when it prompts - then the new install seems to work correctly.

In cases where this has happened, I can still do a full uninstall and remove settings, and then when I reinstall, the problem is gone.

• SaliCrazeeBee
    SaliCrazeeBee Posts: 7 ✭✭
    Options

Thank you CCASSETTY for your feedback, I was successful in enabling this module. Appreciated. Here is the process that I did to accomplished.

After I uninstall and delete the TeamViewer in the registry. I reinstall the TeamViewer Setup Host client. I enter the appropriate password for Unattended Access.

On TeamViewer Administration Console, I select the group I will be assigning the client computer and added using "add existing device" keyed the "TeamViewer ID" of the newly installed host client. Enter the alias accordingly and keyed the same password as in the host computer.

Then I click on "Tools" I highlight and click on "Activate Monitoring & Asset Management" it prompt for a list of computer I can activate.

I checked on the appropriate computer and click "Activate"

It prompted with a display showing the select computer in pink background. Once it successfully activated, it prompted the activation was successful and the background change to green.