TeamViewer on Raspberry Pi

Options
Creaturret
Creaturret Posts: 1
edited July 2021 in Linux only

I have to buy a Raspberry Pi to control a monitor remotely.

1. Can I install software like TeamViewer on greatpeople Raspberry Pi?
  2. Can I connect the Raspberry Pi via wireless or LAN?
  3. Can I connect an Internet key to a Raspberry Pi?

Comments

• Anoma
    Anoma Posts: 1
    Options

Yes, you can install the Teamviewer host on pi by following the steps given below.

In the terminal do the following.

1. wget https://download.teamviewer.com/download/linux/teamviewer-host_armhf.deb

2. sudo apt install ./teamviewer-host_armhf.deb

3. sudo teamviewer passwd <YOUR PassWord>

4. sudo teamviewer info

• Copy the Teamviewer ID given
    • Open the Teamviewer in another computer and click on "Add remote computer"
    • enter the ID copied above and the PassWord used in step 3.
    • Give a name in "Alias" and select the group and hit OK.
    • Now your pi is connected to that computer's Teamviewer

5. sudo teamviewer setup

• Agree on the terms and conditions by typing Y and hit enter
    • enter the email address used to create the Teamviewer account
    • enter the Teamviewer account password.
    • It will ask you to login into your email and accept the pi as a trusted device.
    • Once it is done, you have to enter the Teamviewer email address and password again in the terminal.
    • all done

BUT, for an unknown reason, you can not connect to your pi remotely with Teamviewer in most of cases. I'm also having that issue and found it is a common issue for the last two years. For example https://community.teamviewer.com/English/discussion/32006/teamviewer-13-for-ubuntu-16-04-4-lts-connectivity-problems

Once I could make Teamviewer to connect to my pi and load the pi login GUI. But I was never able to login using my correct PW, instead, it was going in a login screen loop.

Once I reinstall the Raspberry OS (2021-05-07-raspios-buster-armhf-full) I'm unable to connect to the pi with Teamviewer. It gives an error code: WaitforConnectFailed.

Once I tried to set up the Teamviewer as given in Step-5 above, it says "There was a connectivity issue. Please check your internet connection and try again" after entering the password.

As another post suggested, I added enable_tvout=1 to /boot/config.txt file with no success.

So, you also can try and see what is happening.

Good luck.