I want to cancel my subscription - but it is not easy

Options
andytough
andytough Posts: 2 ✭✭
edited July 2021 in General questions

I want to cancel my subscription.

I read that this has to be done by raising a support ticket.

I log in to my account to raise a support ticket but find that I have to set up another account on your helpdesk to do this.

The helpdesk account I set up uses the same credentials as the account used for my subscription, but it does not recognise that I have a paid subscription.

As a result all my attempts to raise a ticket briefly display a 'post ticket' and then redirects to these community forums. Because, it thinks, I do not have a subscription.

I decide to call Team Viewer using a telephone, but by now I have spent so long on the Team Viewer website that the lines are closed for the day. I see that the telephone numbers provided are toll numbers. So it seems that talking to Team Viewer to cancel my subscription will cost me money? The website does not tell me how much money it costs to call these numbers.

I decide to email the accounts department and discover that every single email I have ever received from TeamViewer came from a noreply-accounting@teamviewer.com address. It seems unlikely I will get a reply if I write to this address.

By now I really want to cancel my subscription. Much more than I did before I was subjected to the most appalling customer experience I have ever had. And I have had some pretty bad customer experiences.

I decide to post a plea for help on these community forums. If only as a record of my attempts to cancel my subscription more than 28 days before renewal, so that when I am charged for renewal I can show this to my bank and tell them not to give Team Viewer any money.

Or perhaps, and this really would be the most pleasing outcome, an employee of Team Viewer will look on the community forums, see my plea for help and contact me, so that I can cancel my subscription.

Comments

• andytough
    andytough Posts: 2 ✭✭
    Options

Whilst writing this post I have received an email from the Team Viewer forums saying:

'Congratulations! You've been promoted to Photon'.

I have no idea what this means and it has not really done much to improve my mood.

• Simon-22
    Simon-22 Posts: 2 ✭✭
    Options

Agree .... Customer service for Team viewer is the worst I ever seen from a supplier.

I think the whole thing is a scam so you can`t cancel your subscription. Please someone email me to advice my account has been cancelled. My original invoice R00309930 and my account AccID 20301412. I`ve done the ticket thing, that don`t work ... the portal doesn`t work the whole thing is rubbish. I`m telling my bank 28 days prior to renewal. I`ve had it for 2 years and have barely used it.

Regards

Simon Swain