Windows XP Incompatibility

Options
Hamos
Hamos Posts: 1
edited May 2023 in General questions

My customers use Windows XP to control machinery. I use TeamViewer 8.0 to diagnose faults. The latest version of TeamViewer does not work with XP. How do I update TeamViewer as per your instructions.

Answers

• STEMApps
    STEMApps Posts: 3 ✭✭
    Options

I've got TeamViewer 9 on Windows 2000 machines in the factory.

I think that TeamViewer has become extremely heavy handed in the last 2 to 3 years.

It would do TV well to remember that people like us that have been with TV since the early days 15 years ago and helped build their success through word of mouth initially.

We even got our companies to buy perpetual licenses and are now trying to explain why perpetual doesn't mean perpetual and why older TV versions on old operating systems can no longer be supported.

We are not a happy bunch lately with TV's recent decisions to abandon us and ignore our previous licensing agreements.

• JohnTillman
    JohnTillman Posts: 1
    Options

I also have been a TV user for many years however not being able to look after clients who have nor been able to upgrade from XP due to resources problems on their hardware and not being able to justify new hardware while recovering from the Covid lock down etc, is causing me and these client problems . This and TV excessive extra charges for connecting to Android devices makes me wonder if I should look at another service.