Why i have a problem w/ an old versions of Teamviewer (Mac / Microsoft)

Mel94_
Mel94_ Posts: 1
edited May 2023 in General questions

Hello everyone, I have a problem with older versions of TeamViewer. My mom has an old mac that can't be updated. I was able to download an old version of Teamviewer (v12). For my part, I also installed Teamviewer on my computer (Microsoft) to help my mother remotely. I first downloaded the latest version but when I tried to control her computer remotely (by entering the identifier), I was told that my mother's computer has an too old version of Teamviewer and that it is not possible to connect the computer. So I downloaded the same version as V12 ... but it still gives me the same message: "The remote TeamViewer is running an old version which is out of date. Therefore you cannot connect to this Version anymore. Your connection partner can update Teamviewer by clicking on Help, check new version ".. but like I said, I can't get a higher version on my mom's Mac at all. How to do ? Thank you in advance for your help

Tagged:

Answers

• JeanK
    JeanK Posts: 7,020 Community Manager 🌍

Hello @Mel94_,

If you are using the free version, you must use the latest version on both sides of the connection.

📌Note: If the hardware used on the local or on the remote side of the connection is not compatible with the latest version (please see our compatibility article here: Compatibility macOS) there is, unfortunately, nothing we can do to make the free version work. We thank you in advance for your understanding.

Community Manager