Teamviewer 14.7 on Raspberry Pi to Mac

davetrying
davetrying Posts: 1
edited May 2023 in General questions

Hi. I have been running Teamviewer for several years to an old Macbook Air, which finally died. I decided to replace it with a Raspberry Pi that I had been promising to teach myself. So got the PI up and running and some scripts running, added Teamviewer host - and then everything went downhill. Teamviewer loaded, connected to my account, got an email confirmation and it showed up on my account as online and ready to connect. But my (surviving) Mac is on El Capitan and cant go further, and whilst seeing the PI online refused to connect saying Teamviewer needed to be upgraded. Of course I just did that and then discovered the latest version wouldnt work on El Capitan. So I found downloads for previous versions, which just seems to be 14.7 - and installed that on the Mac. Then it says the Raspberry version is too new, so I found and downloaded the 14.7 version of the host for that. So now both are running 14.7 48671 (and to be accurate the Pi has an H presumably for host after it).

I thought I had cracked it. But no, the Pi starts up fine, connects to my account, and gives me a the code ready for the Mac to use. But the Mac now insists that the PI needs to be upgraded, and refuses to do anything except take me to a page telling me how to upgrade.

Help please, this is just a simple home project for me to keep a few things in sync and currently Teamviewer looks like it is forcing me to buy a new Mac !!

Any suggestions welcome

Dave