Can i have Teamviewer run as a service in the background? If so, how can I do it?

We would like Teamviewer to always launch when windows (Windows10) is started and run as a service in the background.

Also, both of our licensed PC's running Teanmviewer no longer show the option box to allow TV to start upon a reboot. A photo is attached showing this. I have an unlicensed version on a personal PC and it does show the option to launch upon a reboot.

Any help is appreciated!

Answers

• JeanK
    JeanK Posts: 7,025 Community Manager 🌍

Hello @Univision41,

To have TeamViewer running as a service, you need to enable the auto-start.

This option is now available on the GUI (main interface) of the software:

Please tick the box - the program will then start with the system.

I hope this could help. 😊

If not, do not hesitate to ask your questions here. 👇

Community Manager

• OK, the program will then start with the system fullscreen.

How can I start it in background?

• JeanK
    JeanK Posts: 7,025 Community Manager 🌍

Hi @Attila78,

Thanks for your questions!

In the new interface, to start TeamViewer in the background, you need to go to:

Settings (⚙) ➜ Go to this device's settings ➜ General and enable Start TeamViewer with Windows.

Let me know if this has worked for you!

/JeanK

Community Manager

• gluer
    gluer Posts: 1
    edited November 2023

Hi @JeanK,

This is incorrect. The interface starts in full screen with Windows by doing this. The question is about having TeamViewer start with Windows but minimised to tray. This is a quite common option across most applications.

I don't know if this is a conscious decision or a bug, but not allowing users to start the application in the background delays system startup unnecessarily, both because the UI needs resources to load and because the user needs to close the window before using their machine.

Kind regards.

Edit:

Apparently, there is a solution by editing the registry. The option is there, but simply not available to users directly.

• lawleraj
    lawleraj Posts: 1
    edited July 9

Edited:

I thought it was a problem with my TV, but looks like it's probably that I don't have administrator permissions:

End of the road for me, but thought I'd mention in case others are also jammed.