Teamviewer used improperly.

NM21
NM21 Posts: 1
edited August 2021 in General questions

Hello. Yesterday I was on phone with someone supposedly from ebay about a refund issue. He used your app to withdraw $300 from my account through Zelle. His name was on Zelle is Eric phone number [Removed per Community Guidelines]. Is there any way to find out who this is? I have contacted police and the bank. I would like to press charges.

I can't find help from customer service.

Comments

• Justin
    Justin Posts: 802 [Former Staff]

Hello @NM21,

Thank you for reaching out to us.

I am sorry to hear that you have been contacted in this way.

TeamViewer strongly condemns any criminal activity and we are appalled by the behavior of such people and their actions towards TeamViewer users.

TeamViewer is working together with many major tech companies, the international and local authorities to lessen this type of fraud.

I am happy to hear that you have already been in contact with your local authorities and your bank. This is actually something that we recommend doing.

We have an article regarding that kind of topic, with a lot more tips on how to proceed in such situations, as well as further helpful links.

You can read more about it, here:

I would invite you to report your incident to us on our “Report a scam” page and our security team will have a look.

You can find that form right here:

Best,

Justin

German Community Moderator