Can't connect to a remote computer

Options
pmkdatabase
pmkdatabase Posts: 17 ✭✭
edited October 2021 in General questions

Hi,

First of all, I have a commercial license. Have for 7 + years. Really I just want to enter a support ticket because it probably going to come down to that anyway but now need to know the invoice number you billed me in order to do that? 7 or 8 years ago? I don't know it and it is after hours in the office. I'm not even sure they could find it. Thank God this is not an emergency situation (yet). This is not good :( and is not a step I have had to go through before.

I cannot connect to one very important computer with Teamviewer. But I can with [Third party product]. The error is "TV not running or no internet". Teamviewer is definitely running. I have restarted it as well. That machine hosts about 10 VMs. Rebooting it means rebooting all those VMs so if you are going to suggest that, it's really the last thing I want to try. Obviously we both have an internet connection. In fact I can TV in to those VMs. But not the host.

Both local and remote installations of TeamViewer 13 have been in place for a long time and have not had any previous issues. How can I get some support on this? Thanks.

Best Answers

• JeanK
    JeanK Posts: 7,001 Community Manager 🌍
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hello @pmkdatabase,

I am happy that you posted here - obviously, your support experience so far wasn't good but I will try to improve it.

If you have lost your invoice (back in the days, it was an important item for support and licensing), you can call us anytime. Our team will send you the desired invoice and help you to set up your account, so you can submit a ticket easily.

Regarding your issue, I would actually recommend restarting the TeamViewer service on that specific computer.

We explain how to proceed right here:

Let me know if this has fixed the issue and has reconnected the device to our servers!

Community Manager

• JeanK
    edited October 2021 Answer ✓
    Options

I am totally understanding where you are coming from.

I just noticed that your license is correctly activated on your TeamViewer account.

Therefore, you should be able to submit a ticket via the following link:

Submit a ticket

Can you confirm that it is working?

Community Manager

Answers

• JeanK
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hello @pmkdatabase,

I am happy that you posted here - obviously, your support experience so far wasn't good but I will try to improve it.

If you have lost your invoice (back in the days, it was an important item for support and licensing), you can call us anytime. Our team will send you the desired invoice and help you to set up your account, so you can submit a ticket easily.

Regarding your issue, I would actually recommend restarting the TeamViewer service on that specific computer.

We explain how to proceed right here:

Let me know if this has fixed the issue and has reconnected the device to our servers!

Community Manager

• pmkdatabase
    Options

Hi Jean,

Restarting the service from services.msc has fixed the problem. Thank you.

With regards to phone support, this account is registered to an American company. I am the I.T. Manager and live in Thailand - 12 hour time zone offset to the company location and probably similar to your American offices. I think this is not a very unique situation. Unless phone support is 24/7 it is often very inconvenient. I think this is often lost on the support divisions of companies as I hit it all the time. If it will be effortless to get the invoice number in a phone call, why not the same by email? We are not "back in the day" anymore. 😃

• JeanK
    edited October 2021 Answer ✓
    Options

I am totally understanding where you are coming from.

I just noticed that your license is correctly activated on your TeamViewer account.

Therefore, you should be able to submit a ticket via the following link:

Submit a ticket

Can you confirm that it is working?

Community Manager

• pmkdatabase
    Options

It is working and link has been saved. Thank you.

Why does TV make this so difficult and convoluted especially when there is already a pathway to get the support? Do they not understand that good support is one of the primary concerns of customers when it comes to buying or upgrading software? (Rhetorical questions) - have a great day and thanks again.

• JeanK
    Options

Good that now everything is "sorted"...

You are 100% correct - I will definitely pass your word to the responsible teams.

Thanks a lot for the good conversation and have a great day you too! 🙌

Community Manager