New Debian installation connecting via TeamViewer just shows black screen

Options
Normonious
Normonious Posts: 3 ✭✭

Hello,

I am new to Linux. I have installed the latest version of Debian (Debian 11 bullseye) along with the latest version of TeamViewer 15 (64bit) and when I try to connect to this PC I only get a black screen with a curser.

I have done all updates, I installed new Graphics drivers

PC info: Processor: Intel Core I5-4400, Graphics: Intel HD Graphics 4600

As I said I am new to Linux so if you need more info please tell me what you want and how to get it if you can and I will respond.

Answers

• .Carol.fg.
    .Carol.fg. Posts: 1,087 Moderator
    Options

Hello @Normonious

Welcome to the TeamViewer Community!

To be able to help you with this black screen issue I would need more information.

The device that is receiving the connection has a monitor plugged in? Or there is no monitor there?

Also, does the device has Wayland on it?

I will wait for your feedback, let me know if you have any further questions 😊

Best,

.Carol.fg.

Portuguese Community Moderator

• Normonious
    Options

Hello Carol and thank you for responding. I apologize I should have had this info on the post.

Yes there is a monitor attached right now (although I would like this to be a monitorless system eventually, however i would like to get it working as is before tackling that)

for the monitor, I have tried plugging it in with HDMI and I am now on VGA (didn't know if it would make it work or not so i tried changing the connection in the troubleshooting process)

Yes this system has Wayland

• Normonious
    Options

Okay, I got it to work. I had to log into Linux with the GNOME on Xorg. is there a patch or a fix to get it to work on Wayland?

• .Carol.fg.
    .Carol.fg. Posts: 1,087 Moderator
    Options

Hello @Normonious,

Thanks for the additional information!

I would advise you to double check the steps of the installation following the article:

And if you need further clarification, I would advise you to contact our support team directly: https://www.teamviewer.com/en-us/customer-support/

Regarding the monitors, if there is no monitor on the partner side black screen or graphic issues could also happen. For cases like this, you would need a HDMI Dummy Plug on the partner side.

I hope this helps! 😊

Let us know if you have any further questions.

Best,

.Carol.fg.

Portuguese Community Moderator